Thread: Last Book You Read

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar

Last Book You Read

I just finished Phil Caputo's "A Rumor of War". He appeared on Ken Burns "The Vietnam War" for those who didn't watch it was excellent.

The book is about his time in Vietnam as a Marine.

Can someone please fix the typo in my thread? Thank you
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

//reported Junior Division
    I started to read But what if we're wrong by Chuck Klosterman. It was good, but I found him a bit difficult to read. The concepts were really cool though. The subtitle is "Thinking about the present as if it were the past."

I read Tina Fey's book and it was awful, but I realize I'm not really her demographic.

And before that The Phoenix Project, which is a novel about DevOps and how companies' different departments don't talk to each other. But throughout the story, you follow this company and its people and see how Sales relies on IT, how Marketing relies on Sales, how the CEO relies on the workers, and how everything is related.

I also only read on planes, soooooo...this was over the span of like four years.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    The Da Vinci code,

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Seal of Honor

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Really looking forward to reading the Avery book. Maybe that will get me back into reading a bit more.

Senior Member Squirt Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Really looking forward to reading the Avery book. Maybe that will get me back into reading a bit more.
    Yeah, that should be a fun read from a real nut. His outlook or rather his view of life is intriguing. Iíll read it.

I just finished "The Snowman" by Jo Nesbo the one of the same movie about a serial killer. Eh... it was ok..
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Mite Division Dr. Jimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    I just finished Phil Caputo's "A Rumor of War". He appeared on Ken Burns "The Vietnam War" for those who didn't watch it was excellent.

The book is about his time in Vietnam as a Marine.

Can someone please fix the typo in my thread? Thank you
    Funny you mention this but I just finished reading 'Dispatches' by Michael Herr, and I too was inspired to read it after finishing the Burns documentary. Excellent book, incredible documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jimmy View Post
    Funny you mention this but I just finished reading 'Dispatches' by Michael Herr, and I too was inspired to read it after finishing the Burns documentary. Excellent book, incredible documentary.
    I read "Dispatches" maybe 20+ years ago and plan on rereading the book again.
    Curly