• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Report: Josh Anderson Requests Trade from CBJ

Phil

Josh Anderson, who remains unsigned eight days before the Columbus Blue Jackets begin their regular season, has requested a trade from the NHL club.

Anderson, an improving player who took a big step last season, was expected to be an important piece in the team?s plans for 2017-18. The Blue Jackets worked hard to avoid exposing him in the NHL Expansion Draft and it?s believed they rejected Colorado?s requests to include him in any Matt Duchene trade.

But negotiations have been difficult. Anderson is a restricted free agent. On Tuesday, The Athletic?s Aaron Portzline reported the team and player were ?as little as $150,000 per year (apart) on a three-year contract ? but both sides are standing firm on principle.?

Anderson?s agent, Darren Ferris, said via text he would not comment. Through a team spokesman, Columbus president of hockey operations John Davidson and general janager Jarmo Kekalainen also declined to comment.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rfa-josh-anderson-requests-trade-blue-jackets/

?

Update:

Kekalainen also denied the trade request to The Athletic?s Aaron Portzline and TSN?s Pierre LeBrun.

Several hours after publishing his initial report online, Friedman appeared on Toronto?s Sportsnet 590 and had the opportunity to expand on his thoughts.

?I should stress it didn?t come directly from Anderson?s camp,? began Friedman. ?I heard about it. I was working on it. The agent just sent me a text saying he wasn?t going to talk about it. Initially the team, I sent a note through their communications staff saying I was hearing it, would anybody talk about it. Initially they didn?t. And then after I wrote the piece they came back and said that?s not our information and besides, we?re not looking to trade him.

?So I think it?s possible there?s a bit of a semantics issue. One thing I do believe is that a sign and trade came up, and that maybe you?d sign him and then trade him. So that?s probably the answer to the gray area here.

https://www.fanragsports.com/friedman-elaborates-on-anderson-trade-request-report/

I dunno Josh. You're talking about a 22 y/o 6'3" 225lb righty who scored 17G last year and a quality 23 y/o dman, both cost-controled. Plus a 1st, in what projects to be a strong draft, for a team that needs to rebuild.

Considering how shitty things look in Colorado currently, Sakic should be fired if he doesn't take that trade or at least use it to get his best offer. He needs to trade the guy ASAP. He has had multiple bidders since the draft and he is still trying to rip someone off.

Archived