• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mike Milbury to Fill in for Eddie Olczyk on NBC

Phil

Mike Milbury makes it clear that he is not replacing Ed Olczyk as an NBC analyst as much as he is holding his place.

He views NBC?s decision to name him as Mike Emrick?s analyst partner while Olczyk recovers from colon cancer surgery as NBC?s way of embracing the NHL-concept of ?next man up.? Milbury and Emrick will be together Wednesday, Oct. 4 when the Blues play in Pittsburgh at 8 p.m on NBCSN.

?When you have a problem, someone has to fill in,? Milbury told USA TODAY Sports. ?I?m a little nervous about it. It?s not something I?ve done a lot of. But the good news is when you are sitting next to someone as polished and celebrated as Doc Emrick you can just ride shotgun and not worry much. I hope.?

Milbury has carved his niche in hockey broadcasting with a bombastic style that both excites and infuriates viewers at various times.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2017/09/26/mike-milbury-moving-into-ed-olczyks-role-nbc-hockey-analyst/705398001/

Watching hockey on NBC is barely watchable, having Milbury will make it unwatchable.
Agree 100%

Milbury was a goon player, a crappy coach and a GM and is a crappy annoucer too.

Hoping somebody sneaks into the booth and hits him over the head with his own shoe

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

The reason Milbury sucks has everything to do with the things he actually says and almost nothing to do with the type of player he was. Being a really, really bad GM is probably a factor, though, given he's employed to share his opinions on the jobs other, far more successful GMs are doing. As if the guy who traded Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha has any business criticizing the decisions made by other GMs.

He's basically Walter Mathau in Grumpy Old Men asked to give his shitty opinions on things he barely understands.

and, again, the same ting can be said about Eddie O. Terrible player, a goon, a terrible coach, a terrible commentator... theyre 2 of the same.

He played 1,031 NHL games and produced 342 goals and 452 assists for a total of 794 points between 1984 and 2000. He was inducted into the United States Hockey Hall of Fame on February 22, 2013.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Olczyk

He was a terrible player & a goon?

No comparison between the two

Eddie O was a hockey player.

Milbury a goon most famous for going into the stands and beating up a fan.

Also a GM most famous for destroying a team

The only thing Moronbury is good at is getting viewers to walk away for 12 minutes and get a snack during his awful intermission pre, post and intermission performances

No comparison between the two

Eddie O was a hockey player.

Milbury a goon most famous for going into the stands and beating up a fan.

Also a GM most famous for destroying a team

The only thing Moronbury is good at is getting viewers to walk away for 12 minutes and get a snack during his awful intermission pre, post and intermission performances

Love it sg3! Fuck that guy. I'll never forget that game that he and O'Reilly (among others) went into the MSG stands to fight fans. It was a scene out of Slapshot.

Eddie O had a nice start to his career in Chicago and became a true All Star 1C with Toronto. Six excellent injury free years. After that his star fell off due to various injuries.

The reason Milbury sucks has everything to do with the things he actually says and almost nothing to do with the type of player he was. Being a really, really bad GM is probably a factor, though, given he's employed to share his opinions on the jobs other, far more successful GMs are doing. As if the guy who traded Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha has any business criticizing the decisions made by other GMs.

He's basically Walter Mathau in Grumpy Old Men asked to give his shitty opinions on things he barely understands.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

still kills me

Doc sucks.

Milbury sucks.

Potvin sucks.

Between the three of ?em, that?s a BJ!

Just had to put that out there.

I always hope I get the second team when we are stuck with NBC games

Doc and Eddie always required viewing with the sound muted and Milbury makes it even worse

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I always hope I get the second team when we are stuck with NBC games

Doc and Eddie always required viewing with the sound muted and Milbury makes it even worse

Kenny Albert is good. He did a few of the Ranger games last year and they were actually enjoyable. He should be the Rangers Play-by-Play on TV, Sam is ready for retirement. Dolan should get out the checkbook.

The best thing about their broadcast is McKenzie and when then go to other games, instead of more babbling.

How about Albert and Maloney on MSG. Move Micheletti to radio.

Archived