Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rangers/Flyers Preseason Game #5 7 pm, MSG

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    I thought Henrik had some rebound control issues last night, seemed to be fighting off the easy shots and struggling to control where the puck went, leading to some awkward chances and scrambles around the net.

Why the concerns with Buch? Hes not going to be a player you notice every shift, hes the type of guy to break a game open. I think its a good sign that AV has been using him in different situations, though... unless he plans on burying him on the 4th.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I thought Henrik had some rebound control issues last night, seemed to be fighting off the easy shots and struggling to control where the puck went, leading to some awkward chances and scrambles around the net.

Why the concerns with Buch? Hes not going to be a player you notice every shift, hes the type of guy to break a game open. I think its a good sign that AV has been using him in different situations, though... unless he plans on burying him on the 4th.
    I agree with the rebound issues actually, but I think that's just him though. I noticed last night he had issues controlling rebounds to the glove side, but again he always has. He can't catch the puck. He uses his glove as a blocker basically.

As for Buch, I think he was struggling defensively last night and has showed little improvement from last season in that regard. Last night, him losing his man due to puck watching was a major factor in the 2nd goal. Though maybe some of that is due to AV using him in different situations leading to discomfort, but I just don't think he's shown enough responsibility yet.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Hes at the point in his NHL career where we either a.) have him focus on defense, maybe he becomes a good 2-way player with decent offensive numbers(career) or b.) we put him in position to optimize his offensive abilities, puts up good offensive numbers (career) but isnt strong defensively

I know what I would pick...

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Of course, but I'd like to have my cake and eat it too. I'd like to see Buchnevich become a complete player. Buchnevich isn't good enough to be "Pavel Doesn't Do Defense". It's early obviously, but I hope that he makes some improvements defensively.

Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    You mean eat your cake and have it too.

Sorry, I recently watched manhunt for the unabomber.

//reported Junior Division
    What a fucking OT goal by McDonagh.
    I agree with you guys who are putting Letteri ahead of Carey and Andersson.
    Chytil has indeed impressed. He looks so poised with the puck.

I also have reservations with Buchnevich's game. I can't put my finger on what about it seems off, but yeah, there's something off.

Hank, despite the two goals and rebound control issues, had a really solid showing otherwise. It definitely seemed like PHI had the more dangerous scoring chances.
    LGR!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123