Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jaguars, Ravens Players Kneel During Anthem to Protest Trump

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Typical modern day liberal protest - no one knows what they're protesting or why
    There is actually a very clear and defined reason they are protesting.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    There's a very clear and defined reason Kaepernick is protesting. Bennett, too. This solidarity stuff is the league protesting Trump. It's not actually a show of support for Kaepernick.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    There is actually a very clear and defined reason they are protesting.
    About 5% of our posts even mention the issue. None of them talk about it or discuss solutions.

Message lost.

It's mostly virtue signaling. Kaepernick puts in the work, though.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Publicity. Like everyone else that's done it.
    You mean like the constant publicity that the twerp in the white house craves with his idiotic, juvenile and inflammatory comments and tweets? But wait, he said make America great again a bunch of times, so he must be a patriot!

On a side note, how fucking ironic is it that liberals are being called out for being "snowflakes" for just about EVERYTHING they do these days, yet in the white house sits the biggest snowflake that has ever been in a position of high power. Someone who's been coddled by guards and luxury his entire life and hasn't sacrificed jack shit for this country. Except he was elected by a bunch of alt-right racists and lunatics, so it doesn't count, right?

Anyone who stands up to this guy is doing good in my book, because when you have someone in the white house with such blatant disregard for anyone not directly enriching his life, it's the least you can do.

Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar

Jaguars, Ravens Players Kneel During Anthem to Protest Trump

What is this country coming to? Who ever thought we would have a president like this? And I don't mean just this instance in particular. I guess that's for another discussion though.

Germanic Ranger Junior Division H-Dreamer's Avatar
    The more I think about it, I feel Trump is winning again. He at least succeeded in destroying what Kaepernick protested for.
    It's been taken over now, now they kneel and lock arms against Trump, when the original protest was never really about him.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    What is this country coming to? Who ever thought we would have a president like this? And I don't mean just this instance in particular. I guess that's for another discussion though.
    Not really, the kneel is now about being butt hurt about what the president said.

If this guy is racist...
    He just got black guys to kneel for him and gave him power. (Yes, it gave him power, they all focused on him) the attention is on trump.

Again, message lost.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    You mean like the constant publicity that the twerp in the white house craves with his idiotic, juvenile and inflammatory comments and tweets? But wait, he said make America great again a bunch of times, so he must be a patriot!

On a side note, how fucking ironic is it that liberals are being called out for being "snowflakes" for just about EVERYTHING they do these days, yet in the white house sits the biggest snowflake that has ever been in a position of high power. Someone who's been coddled by guards and luxury his entire life and hasn't sacrificed jack shit for this country. Except he was elected by a bunch of alt-right racists and lunatics, so it doesn't count, right?

Anyone who stands up to this guy is doing good in my book, because when you have someone in the white house with such blatant disregard for anyone not directly enriching his life, it's the least you can do.
    Inner have the guys kneeling to show hate for trump didn't vote. Same with the people on twitter.

And you hear about Trump more because it gets hits/ratings/eyes. YOU are causing it. Liberals are causing it with their obsession with him.

Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Not really, the kneel is now about being butt hurt about what the president said.

If this guy is racist...
    He just got black guys to kneel for him and gave him power. (Yes, it gave him power, they all focused on him) the attention is on trump.

Again, message lost.
    Very true

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post

I don't get that if you voted for Trump your a racist and alt-right. I didn't vote for him or Hillary, but I get why others did vote for him. There wasn't a good choice between the two, and people were sick of Hillary. She should have won this election easily, but she was too unlikable.

The one thing that really gets me is that when Tebow kneeled, he got flack from the liberals, but now that people are complaining about these players taking a knee, the liberals are going after those complaining now. Its always a double standard. If it falls under the liberal agenda, then your wrong for not supporting t, but if its against the liberal agenda, your a racist and alt-right and full of hate. I mean look at Spector calling the Penguins racist because they are going to the Whitehouse. The reason for going got lost. Everyone jumped on Tim Thomas for skipping the Whitehouse, now they are jumping on the Pens for going to the Whitehouse.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    There's a very clear and defined reason Kaepernick is protesting. Bennett, too. This solidarity stuff is the league protesting Trump. It's not actually a show of support for Kaepernick.

Ill give you Kaepernick, but Bennett is protesting on a lie, and that is a very big problem. He made up what happened to him, and refused to correct what he said or apologize. Thats more dangerous than anything because your causing controversy based on a lie.

Moderator Junior Division
    It's mostly virtue signaling. Kaepernick puts in the work, though.

No he doesn't. He's not even a registered voter. I have a lot of problems with Kaepernick, but that's really the biggest issue.

From a less concrete perspective, I just think he's way too calculated in building his own brand, so the protest is hollow. His protests are a tool for him to create his own persona.

“But all this stuff made me ask myself in a really focused way: ‘What do I represent?’ And you know what? My racial heritage is something I want people to be well aware of. I do want to be a representative of the African community, and I want to hold myself and dress myself in a way that reflects that. I want black kids to see me and think: ‘Okay, he’s carrying himself as a black man, and that’s how a black man should carry himself.’” - Kaep in 2015
    Last edited by Future; 09-26-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I don't get that if you voted for Trump your a racist and alt-right. I didn't vote for him or Hillary, but I get why others did vote for him. There wasn't a good choice between the two, and people were sick of Hillary. She should have won this election easily, but she was too unlikable.

The one thing that really gets me is that when Tebow kneeled, he got flack from the liberals, but now that people are complaining about these players taking a knee, the liberals are going after those complaining now. Its always a double standard. If it falls under the liberal agenda, then your wrong for not supporting t, but if its against the liberal agenda, your a racist and alt-right and full of hate. I mean look at Spector calling the Penguins racist because they are going to the Whitehouse. The reason for going got lost. Everyone jumped on Tim Thomas for skipping the Whitehouse, now they are jumping on the Pens for going to the Whitehouse.

List Maker BSBH Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    We can certainly agree on that.

Meanwhile we are close to getting into another war and a US region is completely devastated and were over here talking about football players and the president of the united states having a fued

Fair enough, I guess I misunderstood the discussion.

totally forgot about that

Did Obama so much as even acknowledge Thomas? I dont remember reading anything about his reaction.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post

This. The right is so divided it's hilarious for liberals to call them all racist and alt right. Yet the left. Bandwagon go!

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    No he doesn't. He's not even a registered voter. I have a lot of problems with Kaepernick, but that's really the biggest issue.

From a less concrete perspective, I just think he's way too calculated in building his own brand, so the protest is hollow. His protests are a tool for him to create his own persona.

“But all this stuff made me ask myself in a really focused way: ‘What do I represent?’ And you know what? My racial heritage is something I want people to be well aware of. I do want to be a representative of the African community, and I want to hold myself and dress myself in a way that reflects that. I want black kids to see me and think: ‘Okay, he’s carrying himself as a black man, and that’s how a black man should carry himself.’” - Kaep in 2015
    He's donated money, is what I meant.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Kaepernick has done quite a bit since he started kneeling, which has been overshadowed. I wish it encouraged more people to get involved. Teams going out and meeting officers, and meeting people in the community, promoting positive relationships would go along way.

Hey, I'm sorry you have to take it upon yourselves to make a change, but youre already marching, just change the direction of that energy towards something more positive for your community. We're here to help, but the positive change needs to come from those involved. I'm not an officer, I'm not a minority, who is dumb enough to listen to an ignorant sob like me?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast