Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaguars, Ravens Players Kneel During Anthem to Protest Trump

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Jaguars, Ravens Players Kneel During Anthem to Protest Trump

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    I can respect that. Protest without kneeling though, at least do that much.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Why? The point of a protest is to not do what you're supposed to (in this case).

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Fuck em all.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Why? The point of a protest is to not do what you're supposed to (in this case).

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Yeah, but we all can have respect for this symbol that represents our values. Start from that premise, work from there. Maybe they see the flag as representing oppressive values, I dunno.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    NFL stands by Ray Lewis and several other guys that murder people... just dont say mean things!

Senior Member Junior Division
    Ray Lewis is a f'n hypocrite. Wasn't Kaepernick going to be signed by the Ravens as a backup but Ray Lewis got in the ear of the GM or owner that he shouldn't be signed, then the Ravens reneged on the deal. Now Ray Lewis is kneeling at the anthem, something that Kaepernick started.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Publicity. Like everyone else that's done it.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Every American has the right to protest. I dont see how this is disrespectful. Had they put in head phones or started blasting another song over the anthem then we could talk. They PEACEFULLY chose to stand down as a sign of protest to bring attention to an issue that they feel is important.

Seems like this is always the case in instances like this.. Someone says something isn't perfect in America and rather than calmly discussing its merits and the reasons behind such a claim, there is immediately this idiotic discussion about how unamerican someone is. As if that has anything to do with it.

Oh and btw if youre going to have a fit about a couple of guys "disrespecting" the national anthem lets also have one about all of the ways our consumer culture disrespects the flag on almost a daily basis as well;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b06ddf45f867a0

Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    I can respect that. Protest without kneeling though, at least do that much.

but the kneel IS the protest. How else would they be protesting if they just stood there? lol

not trying to argue just dont get what you mean there

I mean, it's clearly disrespectful, but it's designed to be that way. It's designed to highlight their objection to their social status as a race (or as individuals who support the claim).

That's the thing about civil disobedience — it's made to ruffle feathers. For the right reasons. It's not controversey for the sake of controversey.

Whether or not you agree with what they are saying, or what they kneel for is a separate issue to whether or not they have the Constitutionally protected right to do this. It's also separate to whether or not the President of the United States has any business telling private business (the NFL) how to operate (suggesting that owners fire players who protest). That, to me, is the most ironic bit about all of this.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Shannon Sharpe hit it on the head today. If someone can find his comments (about 7-8 minutes) it's worth listening to. I can't post it right now.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

seems like no matter how black people in America protest, they are told that it's not the right way. what is the right way then? is it to stay quiet in the corner as to not burst everyone else's bubble?

Trump has trouble condemning NAZIS! some must be good people, right?

god forbid you peacefully send a message about your beliefs. then you are a SOB. Being a Nazi, or marching alongside nazis isn't condemnable, but a peaceful protest is?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Ray Lewis is a f'n hypocrite. Wasn't Kaepernick going to be signed by the Ravens as a backup but Ray Lewis got in the ear of the GM or owner that he shouldn't be signed, then the Ravens reneged on the deal. Now Ray Lewis is kneeling at the anthem, something that Kaepernick started.
    Actually he was pulling for him but supposedly Kaepernicks girl friend made a comment on social media about Lewis (some uncle Tom BS), due to the fact that Lewis had management's ear.. He would have had the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yes sir
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Listen to Shannon Sharpe's comments. He talks about Ray Lewis saying he would never kneel, then this happened.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    seems like no matter how black people in America protest, they are told that it's not the right way. what is the right way then? is it to stay quiet in the corner as to not burst everyone else's bubble?

Trump has trouble condemning NAZIS! some must be good people, right?

god forbid you peacefully send a message about your beliefs. then you are a SOB. Being a Nazi, or marching alongside nazis isn't condemnable, but a peaceful protest is?
    It's not just black people protesting, sitting, kneeling, etc ...
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Every American has the right to protest. I dont see how this is disrespectful. Had they put in head phones or started blasting another song over the anthem then we could talk. They PEACEFULLY chose to stand down as a sign of protest to bring attention to an issue that they feel is important.

Seems like this is always the case in instances like this.. Someone says something isn't perfect in America and rather than calmly discussing its merits and the reasons behind such a claim, there is immediately this idiotic discussion about how unamerican someone is. As if that has anything to do with it.

Oh and btw if youre going to have a fit about a couple of guys "disrespecting" the national anthem lets also have one about all of the ways our consumer culture disrespects the flag on almost a daily basis as well;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b06ddf45f867a0

but the kneel IS the protest. How else would they be protesting if they just stood there? lol

not trying to argue just dont get what you mean there
    Typical modern day liberal protest - no one knows what they're protesting or why

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Jerry Jones just put an end to it, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Typical modern day liberal protest - no one knows what they're protesting or why
    The NFL is protesting because the president told them not to. So the billionaire owners and the millionaire players are proving a point that no one tells them what to do. Where was the solidarity during the 8000 other things they could have been protesting? The NFL cares about 1 thing. $$$. The military pays them for advertisement, that's why they "support" our troops.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast