Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jaguars, Ravens Players Kneel During Anthem to Protest Trump

Senior Member Bantam Division
    By the way none of the flag can't be flown horizontally, used in slogans or advertisements etc are all suggestions none of it is constitutional. I hate seeing our country disrespected and I got real mad at the 2016 nys fair and as gates open they play the national anthem 75 percent remove caps stand facing flag hand over heart but you have a few jackwads wearing hats talking and that made me mad

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    You've got it precisely backward. Kaepernick clarified things early on. He originally sat for the anthem and it was suggested to him by a Navy Seal to kneel instead because it wouldn't be disrespectful.

Who is they? Kaepernick does. So does Bennett. Effectively, everyone who knelt before Monday's odd show of force against Trump was on the same page. They were protesting the same thing Kaepernick is/was — racial injustice and inequality.

The point is that "it's disrespectful" is not a valid criticism of this form of protest.
    Disagree 100% on Bennett. The guy made up a racial incident knowingly and never even copped to the truth, and he is running on saying Trayvon Martin was killed by the cops. He doesn't know what he protesting about, he just knows his career is at the tail end like Kaeperniks was, and now he wants some publicity for after the game.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    You may be right about that. I don't follow the NFL as a fan, only forty progressional purposes. But even if that's true it doesn't change the fact that the intended protest (whether it's a justified claim of persecution/injustice aside) is based on racism. Not flag hating or country hating.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

You may be right about that. I don't follow the NFL as a fan, only forty progressional purposes. But even if that's true it doesn't change the fact that the intended protest (whether it's a justified claim of persecution/injustice aside) is based on racism. Not flag hating or country hating.

It's a false pretense though. His arguments are based on false accusations, and because of that, he can't be taken seriously.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    His right to protest can. Thinking someone is wrong, or someone even being wrong, is not sufficient grounds for the argument that they don't have the right to think what they think, or behave how they behave.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

His right to protest can. Thinking someone is wrong, or someone even being wrong, is not sufficient grounds for the argument that they don't have the right to think what they think, or behave how they behave.

They have the right to behave how they want, but when your claiming your protesting racism by police against black people, you are responsible for what you put out there. If your going to put out false information and pass it as truth, your killing what your fighting for. Protest all you want, but don't do it on a lie because your only adding to the problem instead of fixing it.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Why was the outrage against Tebow kneeling OK but this isn't? Why did the NFL tell the Dallas Cowboys they couldn't wear a sticker supporting police officers who were murdered in their city or threaten to fine players who wore 9/11 tributes on their cleats on 9/11 during games, but they allow players to kneel?
    Never said that the outrage over Tebow kneeling was ok, although the outrage was certainly not nearly as prevalent as the outrage against the players kneeling today.

And the NFL and their owners are no saints (not even the saints). Never said they should've done those either. They fine players for wearing pink when they want to wear pink, or wearing certain shoes. Never said the league wasn't guilty of their own dickishness. But that's not what this discussion is about.

We are a quarter through the season now, andifguys want to protest, fine, but they also better show up on the field. If your protesting and not performing, then you need to not protest and get your act together. No one of the Giants should be protesting prior to the games, especially being 0-4 right now. There are a lot of guys protesting and not playing well right now. Your paid to play not protest, start showing up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234