Thread: Bereglazov, Gropp, Pedrie Among Additional Cuts

Junior Member ClearedForContact's Avatar

Bereglazov, Gropp, Pedrie Among Additional Cuts

The Rangers are now down to 38 players left in Training Camp after announcing this afternoon that they've assigned three forwards, three defensemen, and two goaltenders to the Hartford Wolf Pack:

@NYRangers: NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have assigned the following to @WolfPackAHL.
    F: Gropp, Stromwall, Tambellini
    D: Bereglazov, Gilmour, Pedrie
    G: Georgiev, Nell

The most interesting of the group is surely Alexei Bereglazov, the 24-year old Russian defenseman who signed with the Rangers this summer. Bereglazov is said to have an out clause built into his deal that could allow him to void his deal for a return to the KHL given his failure to make the Blueshirts roster.

According to Alain Vigneault, the roster will likely be trimmed to around 30 players later today, presumably after tonight's fourth preseason game against the Devils.

Click here to view the article.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    @NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR trimmed #NYRTC roster by four. Catenacci, Schneider, Crawley, and Kosmachuk will all report to @WolfPackAHL.

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/912368611821531136

Four more cuts.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Can Bereglazov opt to go back to KHL? I thought that was part of his contract if he wasn't with the big club.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Can Bereglazov opt to go back to KHL? I thought that was part of his contract if he wasn't with the big club.
    Yes

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Yes, he is said to have a KHL out clause, but we don't know whether or not he'll use it. From what I've seen, he's accepted his assignment to Hartford, so I'm presuming not.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    I hope he just stays in Hartford