Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Rangers/Devils Preseason Game #4 · 7 pm, MSG

  1. #21
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    26
    And we lose.

  2. #22
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Lt. Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    12,161
    Rep Power
    121
    BOOOO.. I don’t like seeing players disengaged in preseason. Especially vets.

    BOOO

  3. #23
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,276
    Rep Power
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    You know, I recall last year's pre-season having a very energetic puck moving PP...and then the regulars began playing and after a few regular season games, the crap show began.

    Similarly, I liked our PP in the first three games. Tonight, already looking like the 'shoot first' mentality is dissipating.

    What the heck guys? Like the Big Whistle implored, "Shoot the puck!"
    "vets have patience"
    or, as I call it, lack of urgency.

    Young guys want to go out, make an impression and get a goal. Vets wants to set up the perfect play.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  4. #24
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,276
    Rep Power
    246
    For player of the game, i dont know. Im trying to remember who stuck out... Nash was noticeable on a bunch of shifts, had some shots, decent pk and screen on the goal. And Holden had a few good plays defensively and a few scoring chances. Both underwhelming, though.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  5. #25
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,661
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    You know, I recall last year's pre-season having a very energetic puck moving PP...and then the regulars began playing and after a few regular season games, the crap show began.

    Similarly, I liked our PP in the first three games. Tonight, already looking like the 'shoot first' mentality is dissipating.

    What the heck guys? Like the Big Whistle implored, "Shoot the puck!"
    Sure seems like it turns out that way doesn't it.
    What are the chances of management putting a Graves or Pionk or Crawley or someone else in the lineup if Staal or another d-man looks lost? Slim? None? Better chance this time?


    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    "vets have patience"
    or, as I call it, lack of urgency.

    Young guys want to go out, make an impression and get a goal. Vets wants to set up the perfect play.
    Sort of another symptom of the familiar malady. Hope this year it's different enough without Girardi and Stepan for others to step up and make a strong positive impact.


    Honestly this year, I think, is the year to take chances on getting a jump on developing some of these younger players. The longer they put it off, the harder it seems to get. ...


    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yup. She Devils look up tempo. Forecheck is aggressive as can be.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    *cough* recipe to defeat the Rangers of seasons past. Pour it on.
    Let's hope not the same story this year, but anyone gonna hold their breath?


    Hopefully with the full squad the team defense will be less porous this year and better able to get the puck out of danger when the full court press is on us.
    Henrik, I think, will need to be at his very best and mentally strong for the team to prevail in the playoffs against the likes of Pittsburgh and Ottawa and Toronto.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 09-24-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    26
    Hear that? Henrik lost 20lbs. Gotta’ think that will help.

  7. #27
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,356
    Rep Power
    80
    I thought there were supposed to be some more cuts last night after the game?

  8. #28
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,661
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I thought there were supposed to be some more cuts last night after the game?
    In one of those postgame interviews AV said something that sounded like "maybe later ... but maybe Monday"
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    jjweimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Geneseo, NY
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    23
    http://clearedforcontact.com/beregla...dditional-cuts

    I believe that's where the thoughts came of decisions after the game

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  10. #30
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    jjweimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Geneseo, NY
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    23
    When did AV say he'd cut it to30 after that game. I can't find it

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  11. #31
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by jjweimar View Post
    When did AV say he'd cut it to30 after that game. I can't find it

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Cleared for Contact

    "According to Alain Vigneault, the roster will likely be trimmed to around 30 players later today, presumably after tonight’s fourth preseason game against the Devils"

    Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

  12. #32
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    jjweimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Geneseo, NY
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    23
    Yes but where did this come from AV

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  13. #33
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    jjweimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Geneseo, NY
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    23
    We're now saying something without sourcing and is a complete obstruction of forum guidelines. But since it is the people in charge of BSBH who run cleared I guess rules don't apply

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  14. #34
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by jjweimar View Post
    We're now saying something without sourcing and is a complete obstruction of forum guidelines. But since it is the people in charge of BSBH who run cleared I guess rules don't apply

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Did you click the link in the C4C article? Would have taken you the the official NYR Twitter feed where the info came from...

  15. #35
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    jjweimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Geneseo, NY
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    23
    Thank you. I apologize did not see that

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  16. #36
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,663
    Rep Power
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by jjweimar View Post
    Yes but where did this come from AV

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    It originally came from AV.

    @stevezipay: Yes, or tomorrow. AV said they'd get to about 30 for final two games twitter.com/brandonbl111/s…
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •