Thread: Rangers Cut Day, Zborovskiy, Leedahl from Training Camp

Junior Member ClearedForContact's Avatar

Rangers Cut Day, Zborovskiy, Leedahl from Training Camp

As the New York Rangers continue to whittle away at their 2017 Training Camp roster, the announcement was made this afternoon that defensemen Sean Day and Sergey Zborovskiy, as well as forward Dawson Leedahl, have been assigned to the Hartford Wolf Pack.

@NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have assigned Sean Day, Dawson Leedahl, and Sergey Zborovskiy to @WolfPackAHL.

The announcement is a little odd given that Day, in particular, was never given an opportunity to skate in any of the Rangers' early preseason contests. Drafted as a "project", it's unlikely he'd have impressed enough in his first professional training camp to warrant an NHL assignment this season, however, it's still a bit surprising to see him cut so quickly.

Click here to view the article.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I was hoping to get a chance at seeing Day but, but I guess it makes sense since there is already a lot of competition for other guys ahead of him.

I wonder if he is the first player to be given exceptional status to join the CHL early and wind up in the AHL

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    46 players remain on the TC roster after those 3 reassignment.

Should be a busy weekend on the Hartford shuttle

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    I was hoping to get a chance at seeing Day but, but I guess it makes sense since there is already a lot of competition for other guys ahead of him.

I wonder if he is the first player to be given exceptional status to join the CHL early and wind up in the AHL

If he's the first, he won't be the last one it happens too. Everyone is scouting and committing earlier and earlier every year. I know 50 15 year olds with college verbals.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting