Poll: Player of the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 152 of 152

Thread: Rangers/Devils Preseason Game #2 7pm, MSG

  1. #141
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,131
    Rep Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    I thought the best part of that goal was that he was in a little deep and realized there was no lane, so he backed up a few feet right before the pass. That's not a goal if he doesn't read the defense so quickly and adjust. 18. Fucking christ.
    I saw this exactly and thought the same thing. He showed some real smarts throughout the game and this time it led to a goal. He was doing many things away from the puck that was opening up ice for his teammates.

  2. #142
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,782
    Rep Power
    87
    Hola, Moderitos,
    pls change my vote to Shattenkirk he was quietly piling up offensive assists out there, and had a nice hit too.

    This was a fun game to attend and see from center ice in Sec 211

    Aside from Shattenkirk, I was going to vote for Brady Skjei as he was so noticeable as a puck carrier in a similar mold to Shattenkirk. Thought he quietly showed why he has become one of the top puck-moving defensemen.

    Zucc showed why he wore an "A" last night as did Kreider. Also Hayes carried a lot of the water last night and broke the ice with the first goal, though some plays did die n his stick, I think he still adds more than he doesn't.

    Desharnais was also very involved all night and looked competent.

    Wish I'd seen more puck handling from Andersson and Chytil, although Chytil was in the right spot and moved it to the right place (back of the net) at the right time (GWG), and that's something NYR will need plenty of.

    P.S. Marg thought Georgiev looked aggressive once he settled in, and good on the short range stops. That shot that beat him by Hayes (I think it was) was wicked fast and I don't think he had a good view of it, if the behind-the-shooter angle that we saw on the diamond vision is any gauge.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  3. #143
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    22
    Preseason is great because hockey is back but I wouldn't get overly excited about performances just yet.

  4. #144
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,825
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Totally fair and I'm down with both comparisons. Was looking mostly inward towards our system with mine.

    If I had to guess, they'll suit him up ASAP to see if it's a fluke.

    Edit: I was right


    link
    Miller is out at the center position already? Don't like it. Gotta keep them both in there at the center position.

  5. #145
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,825
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Totally fair and I'm down with both comparisons. Was looking mostly inward towards our system with mine.

    If I had to guess, they'll suit him up ASAP to see if it's a fluke.

    Edit: I was right


    link
    Miller is out at the center position already? Don't like it. Gotta keep them both in there at the center position.

  6. #146
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,049
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Miller is out at the center position already? Don't like it. Gotta keep them both in there at the center position.
    Why is that so important to you? Offensively, LW, C, and RW are just labels for stat sheets and the way they line up for faceoffs. Forwards enter the zone as F1, 2, and 3. There's multiple ways to play after zone entry with and without the puck, but it doesn't matter what their "position" is until they're in dzc. No harm in giving things a try in pre season, that's what it's for.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  7. #147
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,363
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Why is that so important to you? Offensively, LW, C, and RW are just labels for stat sheets and the way they line up for faceoffs. Forwards enter the zone as F1, 2, and 3. There's multiple ways to play after zone entry with and without the puck, but it doesn't matter what their "position" is until they're in dzc. No harm in giving things a try in pre season, that's what it's for.
    I don't really care if Miller plays wing or center - though I prefer him at wing - but in a team that's so dependent on the transition game, d-zone responsibilities have a huge impact on who is F1, 2, and 3, no? Miller will be far less effective in transition and on the forecheck if he has to be F3 more often because he plays deeper in the d zone.

    Because of that, I like the idea of letting a player get into a rhythm, at one spot. Tinkering in pre-season isn't the worst thing, but it probably makes it tougher for players to start the season at the top of their game.
    Last edited by Future; 09-22-2017 at 11:11 AM.

  8. #148
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,049
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I don't really care if Miller plays wing or center - though I prefer him at wing - but in a team that's so dependent on the transition game, d-zone responsibilities have a huge impact on who is F1, 2, and 3, no? Miller will be far less effective in transition and on the forecheck if he has to be F3 more often because he plays deeper in the d zone.

    Because of that, I like the idea of letting a player get into a rhythm, at one spot. Tinkering in pre-season isn't the worst thing, but it probably makes it tougher for players to start the season at the top of their game.
    No, that's not always the case. If it were, then the C would always be designated as F3 (which sometimes that might be the case depending on a bunch of different situations, but not something that's always done 1 way or another.) There's different ways and examples of exiting your own zone, and entering the other zone. Can't do it now, gotta finish this fuckin house today that I'm working on. This guy is inspecting the walls with a flashlight.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  9. #149
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,825
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Why is that so important to you? Offensively, LW, C, and RW are just labels for stat sheets and the way they line up for faceoffs. Forwards enter the zone as F1, 2, and 3. There's multiple ways to play after zone entry with and without the puck, but it doesn't matter what their "position" is until they're in dzc. No harm in giving things a try in pre season, that's what it's for.
    To get used to the defensive responsibilities, which I always thought were a bit different for the center. To get more used to taking faceoffs. Hayes got throw out of the dot on about 75 % of the draws he took in the last game, and he himself has been playing the position more consistently over the years. Miller IMO should get more reps, in case they decide to use him at center.

  10. #150
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,049
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    To get used to the defensive responsibilities, which I always thought were a bit different for the center. To get more used to taking faceoffs. Hayes got throw out of the dot on about 75 % of the draws he took in the last game, and he himself has been playing the position more consistently over the years. Miller IMO should get more reps, in case they decide to use him at center.
    You're right, it is a bit different. However, it's not brain surgery. I could sit with you in a room for 20 minutes and draw up dz coverages for you, you'll then tie your skates, and go out and do it, or not. Lol.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •