Poll: Player of the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Rangers/Devils Preseason Game #2 7pm, MSG

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Totally fair and I'm down with both comparisons. Was looking mostly inward towards our system with mine.

If I had to guess, they'll suit him up ASAP to see if it's a fluke.

Edit: I was right

link
    Good news

Looking forward to seeing more of TWM against the Icelanders

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Junior Member Mite Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    The biggest impression Chytil made on me was his ability to play in tight quarters. He went into traffic, didn't panic,and made plays. For a player his age to show such poise with the puck was very impressive. I know Andersson is considered the better 2 way guy but Chytil has great hockey sense in his own right. It's one game, a preseason game, but there is no way his performance didn't at least give notice to the brass that they may have to consider him seriously for this season. I would hope whatever decision that is made is made for what's best for his development. While he might be a better option than others in a bottom six role, a kid his age needs ice time, he just needs to play as much as possible. So I would hope if the Rangers do keep him it's to play in the top 6, if he can't crack that let him go elsewhere and play big minutes. I know that's tough for the fanbase sometimes because you can see the excitement he could bring. But you want him here when he's ready not bouncing up and down the lineup of even between the AHL and NHL.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    I thought the best part of that goal was that he was in a little deep and realized there was no lane, so he backed up a few feet right before the pass. That's not a goal if he doesn't read the defense so quickly and adjust. 18. Fucking christ.
    I saw this exactly and thought the same thing. He showed some real smarts throughout the game and this time it led to a goal. He was doing many things away from the puck that was opening up ice for his teammates.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Hola, Moderitos,
    pls change my vote to Shattenkirk he was quietly piling up offensive assists out there, and had a nice hit too.

This was a fun game to attend and see from center ice in Sec 211

Aside from Shattenkirk, I was going to vote for Brady Skjei as he was so noticeable as a puck carrier in a similar mold to Shattenkirk. Thought he quietly showed why he has become one of the top puck-moving defensemen.

Zucc showed why he wore an "A" last night as did Kreider. Also Hayes carried a lot of the water last night and broke the ice with the first goal, though some plays did die n his stick, I think he still adds more than he doesn't.

Desharnais was also very involved all night and looked competent.

Wish I'd seen more puck handling from Andersson and Chytil, although Chytil was in the right spot and moved it to the right place (back of the net) at the right time (GWG), and that's something NYR will need plenty of.

P.S. Marg thought Georgiev looked aggressive once he settled in, and good on the short range stops. That shot that beat him by Hayes (I think it was) was wicked fast and I don't think he had a good view of it, if the behind-the-shooter angle that we saw on the diamond vision is any gauge.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Preseason is great because hockey is back but I wouldn't get overly excited about performances just yet.

Totally fair and I'm down with both comparisons. Was looking mostly inward towards our system with mine.

link
    Miller is out at the center position already? Don't like it. Gotta keep them both in there at the center position.

link
    Miller is out at the center position already? Don't like it. Gotta keep them both in there at the center position.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Why is that so important to you? Offensively, LW, C, and RW are just labels for stat sheets and the way they line up for faceoffs. Forwards enter the zone as F1, 2, and 3. There's multiple ways to play after zone entry with and without the puck, but it doesn't matter what their "position" is until they're in dzc. No harm in giving things a try in pre season, that's what it's for.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Why is that so important to you? Offensively, LW, C, and RW are just labels for stat sheets and the way they line up for faceoffs. Forwards enter the zone as F1, 2, and 3. There's multiple ways to play after zone entry with and without the puck, but it doesn't matter what their "position" is until they're in dzc. No harm in giving things a try in pre season, that's what it's for.
    I don't really care if Miller plays wing or center - though I prefer him at wing - but in a team that's so dependent on the transition game, d-zone responsibilities have a huge impact on who is F1, 2, and 3, no? Miller will be far less effective in transition and on the forecheck if he has to be F3 more often because he plays deeper in the d zone.

Because of that, I like the idea of letting a player get into a rhythm, at one spot. Tinkering in pre-season isn't the worst thing, but it probably makes it tougher for players to start the season at the top of their game.
    Last edited by Future; 09-22-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I don't really care if Miller plays wing or center - though I prefer him at wing - but in a team that's so dependent on the transition game, d-zone responsibilities have a huge impact on who is F1, 2, and 3, no? Miller will be far less effective in transition and on the forecheck if he has to be F3 more often because he plays deeper in the d zone.

Because of that, I like the idea of letting a player get into a rhythm, at one spot. Tinkering in pre-season isn't the worst thing, but it probably makes it tougher for players to start the season at the top of their game.
    No, that's not always the case. If it were, then the C would always be designated as F3 (which sometimes that might be the case depending on a bunch of different situations, but not something that's always done 1 way or another.) There's different ways and examples of exiting your own zone, and entering the other zone. Can't do it now, gotta finish this fuckin house today that I'm working on. This guy is inspecting the walls with a flashlight.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    To get used to the defensive responsibilities, which I always thought were a bit different for the center. To get more used to taking faceoffs. Hayes got throw out of the dot on about 75 % of the draws he took in the last game, and he himself has been playing the position more consistently over the years. Miller IMO should get more reps, in case they decide to use him at center.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    To get used to the defensive responsibilities, which I always thought were a bit different for the center. To get more used to taking faceoffs. Hayes got throw out of the dot on about 75 % of the draws he took in the last game, and he himself has been playing the position more consistently over the years. Miller IMO should get more reps, in case they decide to use him at center.
    You're right, it is a bit different. However, it's not brain surgery. I could sit with you in a room for 20 minutes and draw up dz coverages for you, you'll then tie your skates, and go out and do it, or not. Lol.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678