• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Joffrey Lupul Calls Out Leafs on Instagram, Says They Cheat

Phil

Joffrey Lupul called out the Toronto Maple Leafs for their treatment of the winger on Sunday, saying the team cheats with the way it uses long-term injured reserve.

Lupul hasn?t played since Feb. 6, 2016, being sent off to what?s been named ?Robidas Island?, where the Leafs put their unwanted contracts on LTIR for cap relief.

Leafs general manager Lou Lamoriello told media that Lupul had failed his physical at training camp on Thursday, something the 33-year-old refuted on Instagram.

In a comment to a photo he posted, he told a fan that he?s ?ready? Just awaiting the call.?

When someone pointed out his failed physical, he responded: ?Haha failed physical? They cheat, everyone lets them.?

The comments make Lupul the latest to criticize the Leafs for the way they manage their reportedly injured players, with defenceman Jared Cowen calling his buyout process a ?joke? on Friday.[/Quote]

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/joffrey-lupul-calls-leafs-instagram-says-cheat/sn-amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think he has a cap hit in the 5 mil range. Not sure he's worth that at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Last year though. There are a number of teams who could easily take that (assuming TOR didn't retain any).

Quick glance - WPG, SJ, MTL, EDM, CAR, and FLA could all take the full hit. With his upside, he's a no-brainer for depth scoring if he's healthy. I'd take that risk, even if all he gives you is depth in the playoffs.

Last year though. There are a number of teams who could easily take that (assuming TOR didn't retain any).

Quick glance - WPG, SJ, MTL, EDM, CAR, and FLA could all take the full hit. With his upside, he's a no-brainer for depth scoring if he's healthy. I'd take that risk, even if all he gives you is depth in the playoffs.

With his upside? He's about to be 34 and hasn't played in a game since February 6th 2016. And he's made of glass.

With his upside? He's about to be 34 and hasn't played in a game since February 6th 2016. And he's made of glass.

His upside is that he's a 15-goal guy who can be dangerous on the power play and make a 4th line more dangerous. That's invaluable for playofff teams.

Since he shouldn't cost more than a 7th-rounder, that's very low risk.

His upside is that he's a 15-goal guy who can be dangerous on the power play and make a 4th line more dangerous. That's invaluable for playofff teams.

If Miller at C succeeds, I'd 100% get behind throwing TOR some paltry pick for Lupul at half price and not bat an eye at it.

The problem is, if Miller at C fails, Lupul ends up an expensive redundancy. Didn't you just complain about how Athanasiou at like $2M would be too much for a potential 13th forward? Why would Lupul at more than $2.5M be any different?

If Miller at C succeeds, I'd 100% get behind throwing TOR some paltry pick for Lupul at half price and not bat an eye at it.

The problem is, if Miller at C fails, Lupul ends up an expensive redundancy. Didn't you just complain about how Athanasiou at like $2M would be too much for a potential 13th forward? Why would Lupul at more than $2.5M be any different?

.......I didn't say the Rangers should trade for him. I purposely left them off the list of teams I posted.

based on the statement released, I dont think he wants that.

As of right now, his options are

- stay at home and collect money

- go to work, collect money, watch every Marlies game from the press box

- get $125

I have to imagine his agent got in his ear between the tirade and the releasing of the statement.

Kind of interesting seeing the NHL stepping in now with independent dr's. What would the repercussions be if the dr found that player to be healthy enough to play? What if they put the player back on the ice and he was re-injured or never truly healthy enough to play? I can't imagine the league would take on that type of liability. This has to be just a smoke show. No way does the league go against the team on this one.

Kind of interesting seeing the NHL stepping in now with independent dr's. What would the repercussions be if the dr found that player to be healthy enough to play? What if they put the player back on the ice and he was re-injured or never truly healthy enough to play? I can't imagine the league would take on that type of liability. This has to be just a smoke show. No way does the league go against the team on this one.

I think the repercussion would be that those teams don't get the cap relief.

If the league didn't get an independent doctor, I'd bet that the NHLPA would at least try to do so. Lupul said he wants to play and he was never the one who indicated that he has an issue with the hernia when he got back on the ice. For Hossa, it's pretty cut and dry. He either has the rash, or he doesn't.

Archived