Thread: Rangers Invite Andrew Desjardins To Camp on PTO

Junior Member ClearedForContact's Avatar

Rangers Invite Andrew Desjardins To Camp on PTO

Larry Brooks of the New York Post reported Wednesday morning that the Rangers invited center Andrew Desjardins to training camp on a PTO.

The 31 year-old Desjardins played in 46 games for the Blackhawks last season, tallying only 1 assist while averaging 9:24 in ice time per game.

Click here to view the article.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    My guess is he's more warm body than he is roster hopeful. Especially given the second year performance he had with the Hawks last season. By performance, of course, I mean total nosedive.

NHL teams are required to skate a specific number of veteran players in preseason games, so he could also be of relative value there in later games in which most of the starting roster will actually be sitting out.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    they always bring in a few of these players. Nothing new. Drives competition for a 4th line roster spot.

If not, he gets waived and goes to Europe.

Wouldnt be a terrible 4th line role option, IMO.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Well, they didn't sign him, so they don't have to do anything with waivers. He's on a PTO, so he either earns a contract (like Malone did) or he doesn't and they just walk away.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Wow! This is it. The move to solidify the PP.