• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

19-Year Old Draft Status?

So what do we do for the two drafts after this rule goes into place? The drafts will have almost no talent at all in them. Just overagers and guys who were already passed over. I don't see how you can do it.

Was just wondering this too though I think drafting 19 or even 20 year olds is generally a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So what do we do for the two drafts after this rule goes into place? The drafts will have almost no talent at all in them. Just overagers and guys who were already passed over. I don't see how you can do it.

There's always a cost. Some years have crappy drafts anyways.

Moving to 19 would be smart - it gives scouts another entire year to evaluate players and guys can go through a ton of physical growth during that year. You're far more likely to hit on picks with all of that additional information.

Would you have exceptional status overrides to get 18-year-olds in? I wonder what this would do to generational talents, where they might be forced to spend an additional year against lesser talent. What does this do to a McDavid or a Matthews?

Would you have exceptional status overrides to get 18-year-olds in? I wonder what this would do to generational talents, where they might be forced to spend an additional year against lesser talent. What does this do to a McDavid or a Matthews?

I don't mind exceptional status, but another year in junior or whatever doesn't do anything to hurt/help McD or Matthews.

Archived