Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Zaripov

  1. #21
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    82,203
    Rep Power
    366
    @A_Kalnins: So far its - Rangers, Devils, Golden Knights and Blackhawks, amongst others that are involved in Zaripov sweepstakes.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #22
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,578
    Rep Power
    114

    Zaripov

    Quote Originally Posted by Slats6NYR View Post
    He's the next contestant on "The Price Is Right". 36 year old wing who can play center. Only looking for a 1 year contract from what's online.
    Rangers have a real problem if this is the best they can do to fill this hole. Surprised they haven't considered move Kreids back to center. Was a natural center up until his 2 year at BC, and moved to the wing there right after Richards signed. Not saying he's the solution, but would rather start within there then Hayes.

    Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Kreider was never a center.
    Up until his "2 years at BC", (it was actually 3 years).......he was playing high school.

    And he was far from a natural centerman there. A scout I spoke to at the time who watched him at Phillips, said he was all over the ice and even he couldn't determine was position he was playing.

    Either way, he was never a natural centerman even 10 years ago when he was in high school


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  3. #23
    Senior Member Midget Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,979
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Slats6NYR View Post
    He's the next contestant on "The Price Is Right". 36 year old wing who can play center. Only looking for a 1 year contract from what's online.
    Rangers have a real problem if this is the best they can do to fill this hole. Surprised they haven't considered move Kreids back to center. Was a natural center up until his 2 year at BC, and moved to the wing there right after Richards signed. Not saying he's the solution, but would rather start within there then Hayes.

    Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    I think you're referring to Miller as previously being a center. Never heard of Kreider playing center. I think I remember he may have played more right wing than left though.

  4. #24
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Power
    75
    Remind me again - why?

    Aside from "is russian and can help Buch" - what is the reason here? SURELY there must be alternate options. He's not even "good" by KHL standards

  5. #25
    Senior Member Midget Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,979
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Remind me again - why?

    Aside from "is russian and can help Buch" - what is the reason here? SURELY there must be alternate options. He's not even "good" by KHL standards
    LOL, good point. I don't see him as a fit. They can't lure some other BETTER, KHL center to come here?

  6. #26
    Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Drew a Penalty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    13,804
    Rep Power
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Remind me again - why?

    Aside from "is russian and can help Buch" - what is the reason here? SURELY there must be alternate options. He's not even "good" by KHL standards
    He's third in points among all KHL players since 2009 behind only Radulov and Mozyakin. He's been within the top 20 in points every season. I don't think you quite know what "good" by KHL stardads actually is in this case.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mite Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by pws85nyr View Post
    Zaitsev (24) took $925k originally, Dadonov (28) $4M, and Shipachyov (30) $4.5M. I think he probably gets somewhere in the middle purely due to his age (36). 15 goals in 18 playoff games last year is impressive. Would need to find a taker for Holden sooner rather than later to help facilitate this.

    I'm not against the idea, I think it helps Buchnevich and Bereglazov, but haven't seem him play so cannot really comment whether he actually makes us better. I would prefer Miller at center and convert him to a shutdown type guy with the ability to score. Wasn't that impressed with his previous efforts at center but he is a much different player now than back then, and far more defensively responsible. Perhaps Zaripov at wing? Might help the PP?

    One thing I will say, IF we are considering Zaripov why aren't we talking to Jagr? Then I can get some use out of my old jersey!


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Better start converting my Polish skills to Russian in order to follow these guy's interviews. LOL

  8. #28
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Better start converting my Polish skills to Russian in order to follow these guy's interviews. LOL
    You're right. By doping he was marginally better than all-star Nigel Dawes.

  9. #29
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    He's third in points among all KHL players since 2009 behind only Radulov and Mozyakin. He's been within the top 20 in points every season. I don't think you quite know what "good" by KHL stardads actually is in this case.
    You're right. By doping he was marginally better than all-star Nigel Dawes prior to 2 years off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •