Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duchene Trade Talks Could Heat Up Soon

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    I agree ,Sakic has done a poor job , but it's hard to trade top ends players when they are having down years,Duchene, MacKinnon,Landeskog,I have to say they have been as much of disappointment at their job as Sakic ,all four get a big F

Senior Member Bantam Division
    There are always a few GM's in every sport who overvalue players due to past performance, are greedy and/or reactive. All three are problems regarding a Duchesne deal. IMO, Underlying everything is Sakic thinking all it takes is one other GM to overpay and he'll end up with Seth Jones or a Martin St Louis return. Sakic has overplayed his hand (like Sather did with Talbot, among other trades) and now his back is to the wall with everyone knowing he has to make a deal. He should have been proactive and not tried to rip everyone off. McKenzie said 8 teams made significant offers and said they were met with exorbitant counter offers.

Now he is probably waiting for a team to lose a C to injury, hoping to get bailed out by someone else's desperation. He needed to be more open to negotiations during the draft when more teams could have made a deal. Now everyone is locking down their roster and unless Duchesne starts tearing-it-up, his value will get lower.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Friedman: Avalanche to heavily scout prospects for Duchene trade

“I get the sense that what is going on here is that I think they’re going to hold him for a bit – I mean, famous last words, I’ll hang up and he gets traded – but I think they’re going to hold him for a bit. But what I think they’re going to do is they’re going to do some pretty heavy scouting of team prospects. I think it’s possible now that teams may not want to give some stuff up off their roster, so I think what they could be doing is looking at some guys who may be in juniors or the NCAA or the minors. Guys who are legit prospects, but simply aren’t ready yet or aren’t at the NHL level yet. And that takes time. I did get some indication this week that that could be happening.”
    “As for Duchene, that’s a lot of water to go under the bridge. I mean, there were a lot of hurt feelings and angry feelings on both sides. I would say it’s unlikely that that goes to a point where he doesn’t want to be traded anymore, but stranger things have happened. So I would say unlikely, but I wouldn’t say 100 percent no.”
    https://www.fanragsports.com/friedma...duchene-trade/
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    @BSNAvalanche: Tonight's scout list for Ducks-Avs:

Vancouver
    Montreal (x2)
    St. Louis
    Calgary
    New York Rangers
    Los Angeles
    Florida
    Anaheim
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    shows how bad of a job Sakic has done... you have a legit #1 C and he can only get 3 teams to scout from the East... OUCH!

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    shows how bad of a job Sakic has done... you have a legit #1 C and he can only get 3 teams to scout from the East... OUCH!
    Agreed, Sakic has made a mess of this. He probably could've gotten a decent package from either the Blue Jackets or the Islanders, both heavily rumored to be interested in Duchene over the summer. Now, neither team is scouting the Avs. Not sure if they've given up on recruiting him or if they've already scouted him enough to not waste assets.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Not sure if they've given up on recruiting him or if they've already scouted him enough to not waste assets.
    At this point, I don't think anybody needs to be scouting Duchene. Everyone knows who he is and what kind of player he is.

Deleted Midget Division
    Hearing that we're sniffing around on this one, but aren't truly seeking him out unless a more than fair deal can be struck.
    I think we're all in on Tavares and this season is a transition.

If the Rangers are scouting the AVs, its probably for someone like Soderberg who can be had for practically nothing.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Hearing that we're sniffing around on this one, but aren't truly seeking him out unless a more than fair deal can be struck.
    I think we're all in on Tavares and this season is a transition.
    Why would Tavares leave a team with no other pieces to come to MSG and play with a team with no other pieces? Seems like a sideways move. He should go to Toronto.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Why would Tavares leave a team with no other pieces to come to MSG and play with a team with no other pieces? Seems like a sideways move. He should go to Toronto.
    Toronto won't be able to afford him without getting rid of all their other pieces lol.

Matthews, Nylander and Marner are all going to get massive extensions in the next year or two. If I had to guess, we're talking about $25 million between the three of them with Matthews getting at least $10m. But they're better going with the three of them than then are giving ~$20m to just Tavares and Matthews.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Toronto won't be able to afford him without getting rid of all their other pieces lol.

Matthews, Nylander and Marner are all going to get massive extensions in the next year or two. If I had to guess, we're talking about $25 million between the three of them with Matthews getting at least $10m. But they're better going with the three of them than then are giving ~$20m to just Tavares and Matthews.
    This, plus, we have more pieces than you'd give this team credit for.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    We need to trade toronto McDonagh so we can get Tavares.

Komorov, Kapanen, 1st plus other shit

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    We need to trade toronto McDonagh so we can get Tavares.

Komorov, Kapanen, 1st plus other shit
    or just lose Nash and call it a day?

This, plus, we have more pieces than you'd give this team credit for.
    Than I would?

There was already a long thread where I argued that we have plenty of pieces to go with JT.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    or just lose Nash and call it a day?
    Can't just lose Nash and call it a day. Sure, the $7.8M will help, but Miller, Hayes, Skjei and to a much lesser extent Vesey are up for new contracts next season. Tavares will get a contract north of the $7.8M Nash was making. Maybe the salary cap rises to offset that, but the team still has to find other money for raises. And of course, the following season MZA and McDonagh are both up.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Than I would?

There was already a long thread where I argued that we have plenty of pieces to go with JT.
    Proverbial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12