Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trading Rick Nash for a First-Round Pick

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    a FIRST round pick for this guy? Give me some of the stuff that people are smoking!

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    a FIRST round pick for this guy? Give me some of the stuff that people are smoking!
    If he has something like 20 goals and 40 points by the deadline, why wouldn't he bring that?

The shittiest version of Eric Staal in NHL history brrought the Canes two seconds. Andrew Ladd got a first.

Remember that "first-round pick" is wide ranging. If the Rangers dealt him to a playoff team out West, for example, the pick itself would likely be in the late 20s.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Even if there was some rationale for the team to get a better offer now than at the deadline, which I'm not buying, I don't see management trading Nash while the team has a sniff at making the playoffs, it just doesn't seem to be in MSG DNA.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    Even if there was some rationale for the team to get a better offer now than at the deadline, which I'm not buying, I don't see management trading Nash while the team has a sniff at making the playoffs, it just doesn't seem to be in MSG DNA.
    We traded our Captain at the deadline because they couldn't agree on an extension...

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    We traded our Captain at the deadline because they couldn't agree on an extension...
    They brought back a better player...

Depends on how you view the stats...https://www.geargeek.com/team/new-yo...gers/rick-nash

I agree on waiting to see what happens by the deadline.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue
    Even if there was some rationale for the team to get a better offer now, (than at the deadline), which I'm not buying, I don't see management trading Nash while the team has a sniff at making the playoffs, it just doesn't seem to be in MSG DNA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Think you missed my point about the wisdom of trading now. (But I guess I should have put (than at the deadline) in parens, and that might have made it more clear.

What I meant was I don't see a strong rationale for us trading Nash now, when typically the best return is at the deadline. At that point, yes of course I could see them doing it for the best possible offer…Nash ain't getting any younger and trending less productive in terms of GP and PPG, although that 2015 season gave us a glimmer of hope. All this is not to say he isn't valuable on a team that can better afford him. Heck I don't' like anything that remotely smells of throwing in the towel, when we have a reasonable sniff, but if the return is right in terms of prospects or younger players, I'm for it. Right to me does not mean Eric Staal or Dan Boyle or Keith Yandle 2.0, or, where we are today not even Martin St. Louis. … . I am so tired of those moves unless one is a gold-plated contender the future mortgage seems to much to pay.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 08-23-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Squirt Division Nicky Fotiu's Avatar
    At the trade deadline? Easy especially for a team drafting 25-31.

I would think that his type could be extremely valuable for a rebuilding team looking to make the 2019 playoffs if they believe he can be signed to a fair deal. Could he be tied to a 3x3 contract?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Paul Gaustad, who if I recall correctly had about 15 points, was traded for a 1st round pick at the deadline. GM's get a bit loony at the deadline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12