Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About Charlottesville

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    I think it's a total collapse of that movement. If they've any hope of carrying on they really have to cleanse it of any Nazi related garbage. It's the dumbest shit I've ever seen if they think they're ever going to be taken seriously with that imagery. In the end it was a much more esoteric movement than they ever imagined in their mind's eye and even from what's portrayed in the news.

It is a little perplexing that the other side of the coin (Marxists, ANTIFA, etc) gets a total free pass among the general populace and MSM. You can't have a statue of Robert E. Lee (A truly great man, probably the greatest home grown US General, from possibly the greatest family in the early history of the country) but it's perfectly OK to have a statue of Lenin. Logically, the next targets will be Jefferson, Washington and the rest of the founding fathers.

As shitty as some of this groups views are, it's not a violent movement. Another factor here, perhaps the biggest, is the utter failure by the local government. I'm not sure why they just didn't keep the groups separated.

Ben Shapiro drew some parallels to the Brownshirts vs. the Reds in Weimar Germany. Not exactly, but a little taste of it, for sure.

Lee's white supremacism was rampant, and a core tenet of his beliefs, but if we're going to erase history we'll end up erasing most of it, including the impact of most of the founding fathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    For perspective, the number of people who participated in this event was less than 1% of the number of people who physically attend hockey games every single night during the regular season in the NHL.

Just saying, 2000 racists marching in Virginia is probably a mark of how far we've come as a country, and I'm kind of disappointed that violence and counter protesting (wtf even is this anyway) has put a mark on the fact that they could only find 2000 racist people in Virginia to come march.

For reference, the women's march a few months back had roughly one million participants. That's over 100 times the number who participated in this one.

Change and progress takes time. People are not going to like it. There's a lot of extremely progressive people who need to learn this lesson otherwise they will jeopardize that progress. Expecting every single person to assimilate is a pipe dream. I hope that next time there's a handful of racists walking around a city that these people just let them be. Nobody gives a fuck about 2000 people throwing nazi salutes. There were more kids in my high school. There doesn't need to be violence over so few people with outdated viewpoints.

Moderator Junior Division
    Nazis = bad. They still have the right to march & protest.

I still don't understand why everyone can't just let everyone be. Counter-protests aren't going to change anyone's ideology, and that holds true for both sides. All it does is antagonize.

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    2000 Natzi isn't a problem?
    What if there were 50 terrorists protesting, would you consider that being an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    For perspective, the number of people who participated in this event was less than 1% of the number of people who physically attend hockey games every single night during the regular season in the NHL.

Just saying, 2000 racists marching in Virginia is probably a mark of how far we've come as a country, and I'm kind of disappointed that violence and counter protesting (wtf even is this anyway) has put a mark on the fact that they could only find 2000 racist people in Virginia to come march.

For reference, the women's march a few months back had roughly one million participants. That's over 100 times the number who participated in this one.

Change and progress takes time. People are not going to like it. There's a lot of extremely progressive people who need to learn this lesson otherwise they will jeopardize that progress. Expecting every single person to assimilate is a pipe dream. I hope that next time there's a handful of racists walking around a city that these people just let them be. Nobody gives a fuck about 2000 people throwing nazi salutes. There were more kids in my high school. There doesn't need to be violence over so few people with outdated viewpoints.
    Shoot the puck!

No I don't consider that an issue at all. Why do we care what 2,000 people think? We are a country of 350 million+. 2,000 people may as well be one person, which truly, truly does not matter.

Terrorists don't protest, they try to kill people in an attempt to get their message across. If they did protest, that wouldn't be a problem either. Citizens protest, and whether we like their ideas or not, these 2000 people are still citizens of this country and have the right to peaceful protest.

It's not like these people are throwing together a lynch mob here. They might want to, but wanting to and doing it are different. That's a different story. But they're just expressing their wrong viewpoints, and there aren't enough of them to matter at all.

Senior Member Junior Division
    when one of the 2000 takes a car and runs over a group of people because of their beliefs, that's a problem and we should care. It's terrorism. We have domestic terrorists who believe in white supremacy and they are either trying to kill people or are on board with killing people. If this was a muslim, i think you'd say we should care. and you'd be right. we should care. and we should care about this as well.

These people claim to be patriots, yet fly flags or two causes that actively fought to destroy our country (confederacy and Nazi Germany). They are butthurt losers and they don't have a place in our country, be it 2000 of them, 20,000 of them, 2 million of them, or just 2 of them.

History repeats it self.
    In 1937 Germany, Natzy's started by protesting, with believes that they should rule the world.
    First, there were few thousand followers of Hitler, then it grew into millions by 1939.

In today's world, we have Muslim radicals that want Halifat (rule the world).
    There are hundreds of millions of them, but they started with few thousand.

1 terrorist, or 1 person from any movement is too much! Because that one person is capable of taking someones life.

Normally people don't care, until it happens to them or one of their relatives, then mentally changes.
    Last edited by Rangers; 08-14-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    Shoot the puck!

Yeah definitely. That is in fact the definition of terrorism. Care about that. Care about the march too if you like. I care or I wouldn't be posting on this forum.

What I'm arguing is that 2000 racists are not a problem for america, and I'm also arguing that 1 racist running a car into a group of people is most definitely not a problem for america.

Here are, in order, the top three problems for america:

According to the CDC, 33,000 people die from opioid overdose every year, and that number has quadrupled year over year in the last decade. The opioid epidemic effects greater than 65% of american families to at minimum two degrees. That's 237 million people nationwide.

One in three US adults are obese in the united states, according to the CDC.

Climate change is expected to displace over 1 Billion people by the year 2100, and our best prediction about the economic cost is "whothefuckknows".

I'm not trying to devalue the life of people slain in this terrorist act, but what I am keeping in mind is the perspective that the numbers of people involved with and affected by this tragedy are meaningless when compared to actual problems. If the media made as big of a deal about this country's actual problems, instead of a 2000 racist march in virginia, then maybe we'd be closer to solving the country's actual problems. Instead, we're still distracted by shit like this on a monthly basis.

Everybody wants to rule the world - actually getting there is a different story. You know what helps? Free media coverage disproportional to the scale of your movement just because you say some racist shit. You know what hurts? When people ignore your little march and you go home.
    Last edited by Valriera; 08-14-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Senior Member Junior Division
    It's possible to care about more than one thing. Just because people are focused on a terrorist attack in it's immediate aftermath doesn't mean the opioid crisis is being ignored or that people don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    Yeah definitely. That is in fact the definition of terrorism. Care about that. Care about the march too if you like. I care or I wouldn't be posting on this forum.

What I'm arguing is that 2000 racists are not a problem for america, and I'm also arguing that 1 racist running a car into a group of people is most definitely not a problem for america.

Here are, in order, the top three problems for america:

According to the CDC, 33,000 people die from opioid overdose every year, and that number has quadrupled year over year in the last decade. The opioid epidemic effects greater than 65% of american families to at minimum two degrees. That's 237 million people nationwide.

One in three US adults are obese in the united states, according to the CDC.

Climate change is expected to displace over 1 Billion people by the year 2100, and our best prediction about the economic cost is "whothefuckknows".

I'm not trying to devalue the life of people slain in this terrorist act, but what I am keeping in mind is the perspective that the numbers of people involved with and affected by this tragedy are meaningless when compared to actual problems. If the media made as big of a deal about this country's actual problems, instead of a 2000 racist march in virginia, then maybe we'd be closer to solving the country's actual problems. Instead, we're still distracted by shit like this on a monthly basis.

Everybody wants to rule the world - actually getting there is a different story. You know what helps? Free media coverage disproportional to the scale of your movement just because you say some racist shit. You know what hurts? When people ignore your little march and you go home.
    When mentally sick people are being ignored, they try to do stupid things to get attention. Like killing others to get the attention they need.

Not one thing can be ignored, got to stay on top of everything.
    Shoot the puck!

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    I wished they would have been ignored. They got publicity we didn't need to give this hate organization.

These dudes were heavily armed, and were [counter-]antagonized day 2. If they wanted shit to go down for attention, it would have happened.

I think the car accident was an accident, not a terroristic threat meant as intimidation... dude should still get the chair, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I think it's a total collapse of that movement. If they've any hope of carrying on they really have to cleanse it of any Nazi related garbage. It's the dumbest shit I've ever seen if they think they're ever going to be taken seriously with that imagery. In the end it was a much more esoteric movement than they ever imagined in their mind's eye and even from what's portrayed in the news.

It is a little perplexing that the other side of the coin (Marxists, ANTIFA, etc) gets a total free pass among the general populace and MSM. You can't have a statue of Robert E. Lee (A truly great man, probably the greatest home grown US General, from possibly the greatest family in the early history of the country) but it's perfectly OK to have a statue of Lenin. Logically, the next targets will be Jefferson, Washington and the rest of the founding fathers.

As shitty as some of this groups views are, it's not a violent movement. Another factor here, perhaps the biggest, is the utter failure by the local government. I'm not sure why they just didn't keep the groups separated.

Ben Shapiro drew some parallels to the Brownshirts vs. the Reds in Weimar Germany. Not exactly, but a little taste of it, for sure.
    They're never going to be taken seriously because they're a racist ideology from the start. Shaprio had a perfect podcast breaking it down today including clips from Vox Day, Richard Spencer, and Jared Taylor. Taylor, specifically, explained what the Alt Right is in no uncertain terms.

In short, they link Western civilization hand-in-hand with the white race and proclaim that to save the former you must preserve the latter, which isn't actually true. Western values—liberal values—exist independent of race, even if a lot of white men were responsible in crafting much of it's culture.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Germanic Ranger Junior Division H-Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    History repeats it self.
    In 1937 Germany, Natzy's started by protesting, with believes that they should rule the world.
    First, there were few thousand followers of Hitler, then it grew into millions by 1939.
    Not really on topic in general, but I gotta correct this. By 1937 Hitler had been Chancellor of Germany for 4 years. He took office after being appointed by the President in early 1933 (he was however not elected, though his party was the strongest in parliament). He felt strong enough to try a coup in 1923(!) already. The party started small, but the Nationalist sentiments behind it, where already there in the populace. So was the Anti-Semitism, so it was relatively easy to rally people to his cause.

He started basically at the end of the War, needed 14 years and only succeeded cause the left was busy fighting itself and the moderate Conservatives didn't take him seriously. They thought they could control and contain him.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    History repeats it self.

In today's world, we have Muslim radicals that want Halifat (rule the world).
    There are hundreds of millions of them, but they started with few thousand.

1 terrorist, or 1 person from any movement is too much! Because that one person is capable of taking someones life.

Normally people don't care, until it happens to them or one of their relatives, then mentally changes.
    Do you honestly think this Nazi/White supremacist party is going to come to power?

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Do you honestly think this Nazi/White supremacist party is going to come to power?
    Not a chance, but the communists might.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Communists might come to power or believe the Nazi regime will take over?

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I don't think they will come to power, but i do think that they will grow from their 2000 protesting, to 50000 protesting in 20 years time.
    That's when it becomes a bigger issue.
    Shoot the puck!

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    I don't think they will come to power, but i do think that they will grow from their 2000 protesting, to 50000 protesting in 20 years time.
    That's when it becomes a bigger issue.
    So we should only worry if they grow to the size and strength of antifa?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast