Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump Bans Transgender Troops from Armed Services

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    I think Dunny's point was that, historically females have a lesser physical minimum requirement to be considered fit for duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Ben Shaprio was on the Joe Rogan Podcast on Wednesday and covered this well, I thought:

“Transgenders in the military — this seems to be like a decision that should be made by military people who actually have to determine how much does this impact the job? If you already have a group of people with a 40% suicide rate, who have higher levels of instability, not as individuals, as a group, and you’re choosing which groups to pick from to be on the front lines in small units, living under severe pressure for months at a time. Is that something you’re going to go for, or is that something where you’d have to overcome certain presumptions in order to get there?”

“I actually agree that there is a question as to whether the military should be recruiting transgender people. It creates a bunch of questions. Not just questions of who showers with whom, but questions like “OK, you have a transgender man — does he have to fulfill the female standards of fitness, or the male standards of fitness?” These are actual questions.”
    He also highlighted a not unimportant aspect of this regarding Trump:

“They commissioned a study from General Mattis at the DOD. He was going to look into all of this and then give a report in six months. Trump just sort of tweeted it out there. I think that Trump’s general attitude on it is probably correct in terms of what the military is there to do and what it’s not there to do, but what I don’t agree with is how he did it. It’s disrespectful to the people in the military who are transgender.”
    The commisioned study probably would have come to the same determinations, but with President Clowncar's tweet storm, they fired too early and gave the Left ammunition to use against his administration.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    I think Dunny's point was that, historically females have a lesser physical minimum requirement to be considered fit for duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    They do. There are male standards of fitness and female standards, and they're based on the demonstrable biological differences in strength, weight, height, etc. between the sexes.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Able-bodiedness is the only factor that matters here. I have my own thoughts on transgenderism with regard to gender dysphoria as well, but none of that matters in the same way race, religion, and other immutable characteristics don't matter when dressing an army. The only factors that do are physical. Any American who is willing and able to handle the physical tasks of warfare should be allowed to do so.
    Amen.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Exactly.

Senior Member Mite Division Bieser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Able-bodiedness is the only factor that matters here. I have my own thoughts on transgenderism with regard to gender dysphoria as well, but none of that matters in the same way race, religion, and other immutable characteristics don't matter when dressing an army. The only factors that do are physical. Any American who is willing and able to handle the physical tasks of warfare should be allowed to do so.
    Physical...and mental. Or are you lumping mental capabilities in with being able to handle the physical task? Which is fair if you are.
    In 1994 I thought I could die in peace...now I'm hungry again.

Not at all surprising. There are physical biological differences between the sexes that simply put men at a better advantage, generally speaking, to women. Muscle mass, body fat index, bone density, testosterone levels, depth perception, distance vision, size, strength, speed, etc. In combat roles, is it any surprise that, again generally speaking, that advantage plays out to this tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Bieser View Post
    Physical...and mental. Or are you lumping mental capabilities in with being able to handle the physical task? Which is fair if you are.
    I'd lump it in, yeah. They sort of go hand-in-hand with the military in my book.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12