Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Re-Sign F Mika Zibanejad to 5-Year/$26.75M Extension; $5.35M AAV

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Full No-Move Clause in the final three years. No Clauses for the first two.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/mika-zibanejad
    I don't know what to think of this. Is this good or bad? I guess it depends on how he progresses and performs.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Full No-Move Clause in the final three years. No Clauses for the first two.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/mika-zibanejad
    JFC will they ever learn??!!!?!???!!!!??

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    What's to learn? They're a form of currency. If you don't want to deal in them, you won't be doing much dealing with UFA-eligible players. Of any stripe.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    trade him after 2 years! lol

but seriously, hopefully he plays better than Stepan
    That IMO won't be a huge problem. All he has to do is occasionally finish with the puck in the net

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    I think it's going to be a huge problem. Not only did Stepan outproduce him offensively, including leading the team in PPP, Stepan was a top pker, played important minutes, and drew first line assignments.

Comparing only offense (Stepans weakness, Zib's strength), Zib has best season only tops Stepans rookie season... and barely.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    What's to learn? They're a form of currency. If you don't want to deal in them, you won't be doing much dealing with UFA-eligible players. Of any stripe.

Really got a hardon for this kid? You're actually defending a NMC...

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Really got a hardon for this kid? You're actually defending a NMC...
    I don't like giving them out either. I just understand that they're required in today's NHL.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar

This can only be fixed in the next CBA. Right now if you don't offer you don't get the player

This can only be fixed in the next CBA. Right now if you don't offer you don't get the player
    Exactly. If you're an NHL GM and you want to draw a line in the sand, by all means, but understand it means you'll be trading everyone out of town when they're up for long-term renewal, and you'll have effectively no hope at signing a single prominent UFA.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    RFA.

Not an UFA you're trying to lure.

Zibanejad is not the type of player that should be getting a NMC.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Fixed?

Who says it's an issue, management or players?

RFA.

They bought UFA years, which are the same in which his clause applies.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    and?

it's terrible.

Hence the NMC. Whether you think it's good or not isn't relevant. I'm talking purely about the way the market works. If the price isn't to your liking you have two choices right now -- don't buy, or pay the clauses players won't sign without.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    RFA.

Yes, thank you for agreeing. In RFA years 1 & 2 he does not have a NMC because he is an RFA (the Rangers can trade him anywhere). In UFA years 3,4,5 he can't be traded without agreeing.

If you didn't want the NMC for years 3,4,5 you have two choices:

1. don't sign him for more than 2 years and watch him go elsewhere
    or
    2. Make the 5 year AAV 6.35M instead of 5.35

so yeah, the NMC is where GM's have to go right now because there's no rules against it in the CBA except for RFA years

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    RFA.

I agree, it's infuriating, as I am trying to remember whom NYR has given an NMC recently we actually wanted to keep more than a couple of years into their contracts.

Staal - nope
    Girardi -- nope
    Nash -- nope
    Hank -- yes, I guess

Was Zibanejad at NMC-deserving level? -- if yes, then that surprises me, too -- or did the bar for being thought worthy of an NMC get lower in the last few years.

I guess Phil's point was you're not signing him/at that price without it, but it worries looking that far down the road and not having the flexibility to move a guy in a trade that might better the team. I just don't remember NMCs being handed out like jelly beans (pardon the exaggeration) like NYR seems to be doing recently.

But I guess we traded Stepan before his NMC kicked in and that is a bridge we'll cross with Zibs, when we get there.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Id rather give out a NTC than a NMC. NMC is harder to move a player.

A NTC can be just as difficult to work around. A NMC simply protects against waivers. It requires the players approval to be reassigned. A NTC can be limited or complete. A complete NTC would give a player the power to veto a deal to any team.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    A NTC can be just as difficult to work around. A NMC simply protects against waivers. It requires the players approval to be reassigned. A NTC can be limited or complete. A complete NTC would give a player the power to veto a deal to any team.

Is it ANY team, or a list of certain teams? What is the list one considered?

With regard to a NTC? Depends on the player. Some have full No Trades, others partial.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast