• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Chester Bennington of Linkin Park Commits Suicide, Dead at Age 41

Parsley

GEEZ. :(

RIP.

Chester Bennington, the lead singer of rock band Linkin Park, has committed suicide, TMZ reports. He was 41.

Bennington, who has long been plagued by substance abuse problems, hanged himself and was found Thursday morning around 9 a.m. at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates, Calif., according to TMZ.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-commits-suicide-41-article-1.3342364

While I wasn't personally a big fan of Linkin Park, they had a major impact and success, especially from the late 90's into the early 2000s.

What a shame.

By far my favorite Linkin Park song, and damn these lyrics really hit hard right now...

Let's hear it.

People were saying they were murdered to cover up a pedophile ring they were about to expose. My guess is that it's false, but on the other hand, crazy unexpected things don't surprise me.

People were saying they were murdered to cover up a pedophile ring they were about to expose. My guess is that it's false, but on the other hand, crazy unexpected things don't surprise me.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah101/timbradley76/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-07-23_08.07.40_zps4ki4vzds.jpg

It was.......... moi duhhhhhhh

I read that they were murdered over the Cornell Foundation in helping the Syrian refugees, and what they were about to expose about what was going on. I don't believe it either. I know they were close friends, and I also know that recently in interviews, Chester had been talking about his depression. I kind of think it was a mix of the backlash of the new LP album, and then he snapped on the fans and there was a huge backlash on that as well. Mix all of that with severe depression, and this is what happens.

While I wasn't personally a big fan of Linkin Park, they had a major impact and success, especially from the late 90's into the early 2000s.

What a shame.

My thoughts too. I was only like 11 when Hybrid Theory came out, but it and Meteora are damn near perfect and Minutes to Midnight has some great moments as well. Still on my regular playlists. Maybe my favorite thing about them is that, even though I think they slipped, they were never afraid to try different things and I have a ton of respect for bands who are like that.

Oddly enough, Hands Held High is always the song that has stuck with me the most, except maybe Crawling. Still resonates...

Sick of the dark ways

We march to the drumming

Jump when they tell us

They want to see jumping

Fuck that, I want to

See some fist pumping

Risk something

Take back what's yours

Say something that you know

They might attack you for

'Cause I'm sick of being treated

Like I had before

Like it's stupid standing for

What I'm standing for

Like this war is really just

A different brand of war

Like it doesn't cater the rich

And an abandon the poor

• Like 1

I don't tend to get caught up in celebrity gossip or deaths but this one really hits home to me. From the moment I first heard their music Linkin Park has been my favorite band, dating back to sometime in 1999 iirc. Yea, some of their later stuff didn't appeal to me as much as their earlier music but I always found at least a handful of songs that I still liked on the newer albums. Plus they were(I hate that I have to use "were" :( ) fucking amazing live. Not only did they put on one hell of a show but they also sounded phenomenal live. I've seen a few bands where I loved their records but was missing something live. They fucking rocked the venue live.

Now I have never come to the point where I thought about hurting myself but lets face it, we all go through dark, sad moments in our lives. Especially in our teens and early 20s. Their music helped me through a lot of tough times in life. He was an incredible vocalist and an even more powerful performer. I will miss this man very very much. I wish someone could have been there for him in his last time of need just has he has always been "there" for so many others.

Just know, Chester, that in the end you really did matter.

• Like 1