Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chester Bennington of Linkin Park Commits Suicide, Dead at Age 41

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    While I wasn't personally a big fan of Linkin Park, they had a major impact and success, especially from the late 90's into the early 2000s.
    What a shame.
    My thoughts too. I was only like 11 when Hybrid Theory came out, but it and Meteora are damn near perfect and Minutes to Midnight has some great moments as well. Still on my regular playlists. Maybe my favorite thing about them is that, even though I think they slipped, they were never afraid to try different things and I have a ton of respect for bands who are like that.

Oddly enough, Hands Held High is always the song that has stuck with me the most, except maybe Crawling. Still resonates...

Sick of the dark ways
    We march to the drumming
    Jump when they tell us
    They want to see jumping
    Fuck that, I want to
    See some fist pumping
    Risk something
    Take back what's yours
    Say something that you know
    They might attack you for
    'Cause I'm sick of being treated
    Like I had before
    Like it's stupid standing for
    What I'm standing for
    Like this war is really just
    A different brand of war
    Like it doesn't cater the rich
    And an abandon the poor
    Last edited by Future; 07-26-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I liked them a lot when they first came out, but the last 2 albums I didn't care for, and actually, the last one I didn't even buy.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    I don't tend to get caught up in celebrity gossip or deaths but this one really hits home to me. From the moment I first heard their music Linkin Park has been my favorite band, dating back to sometime in 1999 iirc. Yea, some of their later stuff didn't appeal to me as much as their earlier music but I always found at least a handful of songs that I still liked on the newer albums. Plus they were(I hate that I have to use "were" ) fucking amazing live. Not only did they put on one hell of a show but they also sounded phenomenal live. I've seen a few bands where I loved their records but was missing something live. They fucking rocked the venue live.

Now I have never come to the point where I thought about hurting myself but lets face it, we all go through dark, sad moments in our lives. Especially in our teens and early 20s. Their music helped me through a lot of tough times in life. He was an incredible vocalist and an even more powerful performer. I will miss this man very very much. I wish someone could have been there for him in his last time of need just has he has always been "there" for so many others.

Just know, Chester, that in the end you really did matter.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12