Thread: Senator Kid Rock?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Senator Kid Rock?

“I know a lot of people are thinking: this is some sort of joke, right?” Warren wrote in an email to supporters with the subject line “Senator Kid Rock (R-MI),” the Boston Herald reported Friday.

“Well, maybe this is all a joke — but we all thought Donald Trump was joking when he rode down the escalator at Trump Tower and announced his campaign, too," she wrote.

“And sure, maybe this is just a marketing gimmick for a new album or tour — but we all thought Donald Trump was just promoting his reality TV show, too."
    Political pundits and many Democrats largely dismissed Trump as a serious contender for the Republican presidential nomination after he declared his candidacy in 2015, pointing to his bombastic rhetoric and unorthodox campaign style as political liabilities that would ultimately cost him any chance at victory.

But the real estate mogul and reality television host dominated in GOP primaries and caucuses, and went on to win several swing states in the November election.

Kid Rock, whose real name is Robert James Ritchie, is a Trump supporter who has visited the president at the White House. He wrote in a post on his website on Thursday that speculation that he could challenge Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) for her Senate seat was "not a hoax."

Ritchie has not yet filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission. But he further fueled speculation on Wednesday, when he posted a photo on Twitter of a sign reading "Kid Rock for U.S. Senate."
    http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...ump-was-joking

--

The effects of populism at work.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    So in recent memory, we've had Jesse Ventura in office. Was he the first celeb to run for office?
    I believe he was WWF wrestler or something like that.
    Then Arnold, now Trump, and potentially Kid Rock?
    Not sure I even have a problem with celebrities using their fame for this kind of "stunt." It could end up working out really well actually. I feel like a guy like Kid Rock is a lot more connected with the youth and his fans than a politician would be.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    So in recent memory, we've had Jesse Ventura in office. Was he the first celeb to run for office?
    Not sure I even have a problem with celebrities using their fame for this kind of "stunt." It could end up working out really well actually. I feel like a guy like Kid Rock is a lot more connected with the youth and his fans than a politician would be.
    It's always been this way... you just aren't in all the right circles.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    It's always been this way... you just aren't in all the right circles.
    Has it?
    I don't really follow shit; those were the ones that I could recall off the top of my head. If it's always been this way, then there's nothing to see here.
    I heard about this yesterday on the local news and they said that the MN GOP leader hasn't received any word from Kid Rock about this and that it was likely a publicity stunt.

Michigan GOP press officer Sarah Anderson told Fox News she was unaware of any interest to run on the musician’s part, but said she thought he’d make an “awesome” candidate.
    “I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a movement for him to run, but to my knowledge he has not been asked,” Ms. Anderson said.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...p-senate-cand/
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    You've had Al Franken who was a "comedian", and Reagan was an actor. You also had Sonny Bono. I also think Christ Novacelic from Nirvana is a politician now.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    You've had Al Franken who was a "comedian", and Reagan was an actor. You also had Sonny Bono. I also think Christ Novacelic from Nirvana is a politician now.
    Fred Thompson

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...ump-was-joking

--

The effects of populism at work.
    I liked him in Joe Dirt

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    there were snowflakes in his time too, huh>?

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    And don't forget Kaitlin Jenner thinking of running for the Senate in.CA.

Trump proves you can never underestimate the stupidity of the American voter

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

do u vote?

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

QFT.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Nah, saying that's just being selfishly ignorant.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    America's obsession with pop culture leading people to vote unqualified celebrities into political office just because they know who they are as opposed to Joe Schmo career politician seems like the ignorant thing to me. But as stated, this has been going on forever so why argue the point. It is what it is, eh?

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    America's obsession with pop culture leading people to vote unqualified celebrities into political office just because they know who they are as opposed to Joe Schmo career politician seems like the ignorant thing to me. But as stated, this has been going on forever so why argue the point. It is what it is, eh?
    Obama winning proved this to a much further extent than Trump, though.
    And, voting in such fashion, is just as ignorant as calling out why someone votes for a specific candidate. We actually have an electoral college for this reason - in hopes to prevent ignorance from controlling elections.

It will always be such until we eliminate the effectiveness of party lines, money and 2 party run offs when it comes to elections.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Fred Thompson
    True, but Fred Thompson was a very accomplished individual before acting, and had a previous background in politics and law.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk