• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nicklas Jensen Signs With Jokerit Helsinki of KHL

ClearedForContact

I'm fine with the fact that we traded his rights in that specific situation. Nonetheless the fact remains that we got two once overrated busts (Etem, Jensen) and one so far average performing rookie out of this trade, while Hagelin is a two-time Stanley Cup champion now.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm fine with the fact that we traded his rights in that specific situation. Nonetheless the fact remains that we got two once overrated busts (Etem, Jensen) and one so far average performing rookie out of this trade, while Hagelin is a two-time Stanley Cup champion now.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Who cares about Hagelin winning 2 cups with Pittsburgh? That's beyond the Rangers control. He's not worth his contract, and they didn't overpay him. That's what matters. He's not even a 1/2 pt per game player. Had the best 3 months of his life last year, and won a cup with a team that no one can stop with or without Hagelin.

So are you saying if we paid $4m for Hagelin's 22 regular season points and 2 playoff goals last year we would have won the cup? Or Pitt wouldn't have won either cup without him?

No, of course not. But we lost a good player in a deal, that possibly could had been better. There's a reason why Cup contenders like the Ducks or the Pens trade for a player like Hagelin and are willing to pay him what he gets. We sadly have not benefited from it (so far).

No, of course not. But we lost a good player in a deal, that possibly could had been better. There's a reason why Cup contenders like the Ducks or the Pens trade for a player like Hagelin and are willing to pay him what he gets. We sadly have not benefited from it (so far).

We have/had tons of players like Hagelin. Fast, Lindberg, Grabner, Stalberg. Put any of those speedy PKers on the Pens instead of Hags and they still win 2 cups. The Ducks won the cup 11 years ago, they are less of a recent contender than the Rangers. The Pens are Cup Champs because of Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel not Carl Hagelin.

Just answer me one question: Do you think that trading Hagelin for Etem -> Jensen + Gropp turned out to be a good deal for the Rangers at this moment? If your answer is ?No, I would've traded him as well, but the result should be better?, than you and I have something in common.

Just answer me one question: Do you think that trading Hagelin for Etem -> Jensen + Gropp turned out to be a good deal for the Rangers at this moment? If your answer is “No, I would've traded him as well, but the result should be better“, than you and I have something in common.

Absolutely, how would you justify paying a 22 point guy $4 million a year? Fast scored 21 points last year and just signed a 3 year deal for $1.85 per year.

Just answer me one question: Do you think that trading Hagelin for Etem -> Jensen + Gropp turned out to be a good deal for the Rangers at this moment? If your answer is “No, I would've traded him as well, but the result should be better“, than you and I have something in common.

How'd it turn out for Anaheim?

What makes this trade IMHO even worse besides of the outcome on our side (Etem/Jensen, Gropp) is the fact that we traded Hagelin to the Western Conference but he returned into our Division playing for a rival team just after a few months. It's a long shot, I confess, but I bet the Rangers could've done a better deal if they had traded Hagelin directly to the Pens or another Eastern Conference team.

What makes this trade IMHO even worse besides of the outcome on our side (Etem/Jensen, Gropp) is the fact that we traded Hagelin to the Western Conference but he returned into our Division playing for a rival team just after a few months. It's a long shot, I confess, but I bet the Rangers could've done a better deal if they had traded Hagelin directly to the Pens or another Eastern Conference team.

How does something completely outside the Rangers control make it worse? If there was a better deal on the table why would they not take it?

It's funny to see how time changes the minds. I remember the days when Hags was a fan favorite and many people screamed “Give this guy the money!!!“ after his performances in the postseason. Now it sounds like he's a player on the same level with Tanner Glass.

Tanner Glass was never mentioned in the players I compared him to. I still like the player Hags is. What no one likes, and I don't recall ever hearing anyone scream for, is to pay him almost as much as Zucc.

It's funny to see how time changes the minds. I remember the days when Hags was a fan favorite and many people screamed ?Give this guy the money!!!? after his performances in the postseason. Now it sounds like he's a player on the same level with Tanner Glass.

Sorry, but no one with a brain wanted to give Hagelin a big contract. Also, when having a debate in a thread, please don't lump in the people you're debating with in here with the same morons on facebook yelling "give Hagelin the money".

Because they didn't want to trade him to a division rival, maybe? You know, I hear that happens.

I hear inter division trades happen too. After all, Boston traded a 21 year old Phil Kessel coming off a 36 goal season to Toronto, a division rival.

Again, we're talking about the rights to a 3rd line player, who we had no intention of signing at the price he was asking for. Pitt would have had to just pay a little extra.

Sorry, but no one with a brain wanted to give Hagelin a big contract. Also, when having a debate in a thread, please don't lump in the people you're debating with in here with the same morons on facebook yelling "give Hagelin the money".

Back then I have not had the pleasure debating in this forum, if I remember correctly, but I can assure that the wish to resign Hags for at least 3 to 3,5 millions per year came from people who take themselves and their hockey knowledge very seriously and hate morons on facebook as well. Besides, I never used facebook in my whole life.

Archived