Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps There's Something to Those Bozak Rumors

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    With Shattenkirk and Smith signed....does a move like Bozak and a 2nd for Skeij worthwhile? Personally ,I'd give Holden and a 2nd for Bozak. Gets rid of a problem in Holden, addresses our weak center ice position and makes this team ultimately better.

I have so much faith in this front office than the last regime. Couldn't be happier with the off season thus far.
    Trading Skjei for a 30-year-old center is the type of move that the previous regime would make.

That's not to mention the fact that Skjei could very well be our best defenseman this year, and the return on him should be way, way bigger than Bozak and a pick. He's pretty much untouchable, but Skjei is in the Duchene category, if we're talking about swapping for a C.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Wow...If you're packaging Skjei, it has to be for a much better player than Bozak.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Trading Skjei for a 30-year-old center is the type of move that the previous regime would make.

That's not to mention the fact that Skjei could very well be our best defenseman this year, and the return on him should be way, way bigger than Bozak and a pick. He's pretty much untouchable, but Skjei is in the Duchene category, if we're talking about swapping for a C.
    This. Heck I'd say it would be so bad of a move it would be more like a move the New York Knickerbockers would make.

Skjei is like a found golden nugget. I get the feeling excellent young d-men are even more difficult to develop and acquire than great young forwards these days.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Again, my general disapproval of the concept of trading draft picks is well-documented on this board. However, finally having a puck moving RHD (possibly two depending on DeAngelo), and one of the best in the league to boot, the addition by subtraction effect of losing Girardi, the permanent addition of Smith, the emergence of Skjei (and hopefully Buch this season), and having Lindy Ruff on board, leads me to believe that if we're going to get it done with this "core," this is the season to do it.

We gave up a pretty damn good prospect and two 2nd rounders for the ghost of Eric Staal. I would be more than okay with shedding Holden (again addition by subtraction) to add a center like Bozak that can win draws and play up and down the lineup. And I'd be willing to part with a 2nd rounder to do it. At that point, with the exception of not having that truly ELITE #1 center that all the recent Cup champs have (which we won't get without picking first overall one year), this will be the most complete team we've iced post-lockout, bar none.

Bozak would be one of those savvy, sort of under the radar moves that makes all the difference in the world for a Cup run. And I wouldn't wait until the deadline to do it. I'd want him to have a full training camp and season to get acclimated by the time the playoffs start.

And no, I'm not saying Tyler Bozak is "the answer," or turns a team in to instant Cup contenders. But in our never-ending search for that "one last piece" to put us over the top, for once that one last piece isn't something massive, drastic or prohibitively expensive. If we're going to have a shot at getting Henrik a Cup, a move like this is vital to our chances.

Long story short: I'd absolutely give Holden and a 2nd. Possibly an additional lower pick if needed. Now's the time. I think that a move like that would finally be justified, after years of chasing the biggest name every deadline and paying out the ass to do it, while throwing everything at the wall and praying it sticks.
    Last edited by Ranger Lothbrok; 07-12-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect

I'd be cool with adding Bozak. He's basically an older Stepan that's not as good defensively. He fills in that hole pretty well. I don't think he'd take Step's minutes but you'd at least have Zib-Bozak as your 1-2 as opposed to having Zib-Hayes.

Rangers would really be winning the offseason, regardless of Shatt, if they trade Step, Raanta and Holden for #7, Bozak, Pavelec and DeAngelo (assuming he's a regular).

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post

I'd be cool with adding Bozak. He's basically an older Stepan that's not as good defensively. He fills in that hole pretty well. I don't think he'd take Step's minutes but you'd at least have Zib-Bozak as your 1-2 as opposed to having Zib-Hayes.
    Thing is, Stepan got tons of PP time, doubt Bozak got nearly that much with the Leafs. You would not ask Bozak to be the top C, but to be a 2 or a 3. Stepan's 1st assists number is probably better because of that. No doubt much as he annoyed Stepan was defensively responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Thing is, Stepan got tons of PP time, doubt Bozak got nearly that much with the Leafs. You would not ask Bozak to be the top C, but to be a 2 or a 3. Stepan's 1st assists number is probably better because of that. No doubt much as he annoyed Stepan was defensively responsible.
    Yea, except for the fact that, dating back to the start of the 2012 season, Bozak averages 2:51 PPTOI/game on the powerplay and Stepan is only at 2:34.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Yea, except for the fact that, dating back to the start of the 2012 season, Bozak averages 2:51 PPTOI/game on the powerplay and Stepan is only at 2:34.
    If we want to get technical, Bozak had 28 PP points to Stepan's 32, in about 40 less PP minutes, from 2015 to present...

In that same time period Bozak was 225 - 157 on PP faceoffs compared to Stepan's 131 - 150

Senior Member Junior Division
    I'm definitely not into Holden, but do we want to ditch him that badly? He's on a decent contract, he played better than I could have ever expected and is now relegated to the third pair, and can slot up in a pinch.. I mean I HATE Holden, but maybe they should keep him? Who is the insurance policy in case of an injury? Do we want the Rangers to be that tight to the cap?

I like the idea. Just not sure it's a water tight plan. If they are going to make a move, I think they need to aim higher. If Bozak fails, they're probably stuck with him. Then what?

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Then we dump him after the season and finds someone new.

I would trade Holden for a bag of pucks. Why would they even give up Bozak for Holden??

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I'm definitely not into Holden, but do we want to ditch him that badly? He's on a decent contract, he played better than I could have ever expected and is now relegated to the third pair, and can slot up in a pinch.. I mean I HATE Holden, but maybe they should keep him? Who is the insurance policy in case of an injury? Do we want the Rangers to be that tight to the cap?

I like the idea. Just not sure it's a water tight plan. If they are going to make a move, I think they need to aim higher. If Bozak fails, they're probably stuck with him. Then what?
    Then you tell him to fuck off because he's a FA next year.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

Perhaps There's Something to Those Bozak Rumors

Suddenly we're worried about losing a 3rd pairing defenseman to replace one of the top two centers. What's going on here
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Suddenly we're worried about losing a 3rd pairing defenseman to replace one of the top two centers. What's going on here
    This. How in the world could we possibly lose a trade where we give away dog shit Holden who is a 6/7th D for a 2nd or 3rd pair guranteed 45-60 points center?

I couldn't care less for Holden. I would give him away for free just to free up some cap space. Getting Bozak back? Holy shit what a deal that would be by the front office.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Rangers would really be winning the offseason, regardless of Shatt, if they trade Step, Raanta and Holden for #7, Bozak, Pavelec and DeAngelo (assuming he's a regular).
    Ironic, "fix the blue line"!!!

Can't play d, can't play d, can't play d, can't play, can't play d.
    But we're better!

Yeah...

This is another half assed half in/half out weak ass move that has left the Rangers meddling in bubble land year after year.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Ironic, "fix the blue line"!!!

Can't play d, can't play d, can't play d, can't play, can't play d.
    But we're better!

Yeah...

This is another half assed half in/half out weak ass move that has left the Rangers meddling in bubble land year after year.
    The popular thought process is that it doesn't matter if Shatty can't play D because his possession stats tell everyone that the Rangers will have the puck more. Even tongue in cheek I still can't believe I just wrote that.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    The popular thought process is that it doesn't matter if Shatty can't play D because his possession stats tell everyone that the Rangers will have the puck more. Even tongue in cheek I still can't believe I just wrote that.
    I'm wondering how quickly the fan base starts to question those numbers when they see him on a daily basis.

More likely, they blame AV for sheltering his minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I mean, that's why I didn't want to sign him.

I didn't say that this team was immediately better because of the moves either, just that it would be a good offseason if that's how it went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Then we dump him after the season and finds someone new.

I would trade Holden for a bag of pucks. Why would they even give up Bozak for Holden??
    Meant for this coming season. Give up on the season because you struck out on Bozak?

I'm on the fence. It's sounds like a good idea. Probably the only logical solution that has been presented... But do you deal from what little depth on D you have as well as picks, for a borderline 2nd line center and eat up all the cap space, making it impossible to make another deal if he doesn't work out?

I say yes, only because there doesn't seem to be any other deal that people are talking about. They need another good center, If this is all that's out there, I guess you gotta do it.

Staal and DeAngelo as the third pair?........ I guess so.
    Last edited by The Dude; 07-13-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    This. How in the world could we possibly lose a trade where we give away dog shit Holden who is a 6/7th D for a 2nd or 3rd pair guranteed 45-60 points center?

I couldn't care less for Holden. I would give him away for free just to free up some cap space. Getting Bozak back? Holy shit what a deal that would be by the front office.
    Well it's also the fact that a 2nd rounder or more would have to be included. I'm not exactly sure Bozak is any better than Miller at center. Obviously the face offs, yeah but everything else?

The cap space going to an uncomfortably tight number was also brought up as well as Holdens ability to slot up if there is an injury.

Obviously with no cap and no picks the trade is a no brainier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast