Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, Where Does Jágr Land? Calgary! 1-Year/$1M Contract

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

So, Where Does Jágr Land? Calgary! 1-Year/$1M Contract

Jagr, 45, joined the Panthers in 2015 and signed two subsequent one-year contracts but — as of now —will not be returning.

This week, Jagr joked on social media that no teams were talking to him with Florida general manager Dale Tallon saying that wasn’t true, that he had been talking to Jagr’s agent Petr Svoboda.

As of Saturday morning, as the free agency period came closer, reports surfaced that the Panthers and Jagr had severed ties and Jagr would become a free agent.

A source with the Panthers, who had said Jagr would be welcomed back to Florida at a much lower price tag than the $5.5 million he made last season (Jagr made $1.5 million in bonuses), confirmed the two sides had stopped talking.

The two are said to be very far apart as far as money goes.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nh...159237644.html

It has to be Vegas, no?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Doesn't he have gambling problems? I don't think Vegas would be a good spot for him off the ice.

Senior Member Midget Division
    KHL on some type of non-binding contract that allows for him to leave for the NHL at any time.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mistercosmic's Avatar
    Cologne.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    If he wanted to work cheap for 1 season and could be arranged to give him time off, might make sense. But he looked really old toward the end of the season, and not just the gray beard.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Done

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Shatty at the point on the same side with Jagr on the half wall on the overload ? I'd like to see that.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I'd love to bring him back but I don't think the Rangers can afford it. He was looking for something really close to what he made last season, which is why the Panthers walked away.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I'd love to bring him back but I don't think the Rangers can afford it. He was looking for something really close to what he made last season, which is why the Panthers walked away.

The Panthers aren't as close as the Rangers though. It makes more sense for the Rangers to give him the money. Unless something else is in the works, or being explored, it's not going to hurt them anywhere.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

The Rangers can't afford it, is my point. Not that he's not worth it. They have roughly $8.4M left to re-sign Zibanejad and acquire another center. They just don't have the $5.5M to give him.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Report: Flames Might Have Interest in Jagr

“I know some teams that have kind of talked and taken a look at it,” said Elliotte Friedman on the NHL Network (H/T to FanRag Sports). “I think Calgary has been one that has kind of looked at it. One of his former coaches, Glen Gulutzan, is coaching up there.”

Friedman also heard teams suggesting that Anaheim might be interested in Jagr, but based on his own investigation that doesn’t appear to be the case. Ultimately Jagr might end up starting the season in the Czech Republic and would have the option of playing in the Olympics if that happens, but even if he does begin the year in Europe, he could still re-sign with an NHL squad later on in the 2017-18 campaign.
    http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/08/22/...erest-in-jagr/
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

@NicholsOnHockey: LeBrun/Jagr: "I'm told his camp is in discussions w/ two, three NHL teams right now." Hoping to get done by end of camp. Not a sure thing.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    He's a warrior and a superior athlete who prepares himself to the absolutely highest standards as a professional. IF he is still in that game-shape, the NHL is better with him in it. Father time will eventually put an end to his run. Maybe coaches are beginning to recognize the end in sight...IDK.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    He had a good year last year. I wish we could grab him to play with Buch since Jagr has the Russian connection.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Love this guy.

He's such a god.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

@PierreVLeBrun: Hearing that the Calgary Flames and Jaromir Jagr's camp are talking tonight. No certainty it happens but it's very possible.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Just heard that he did, indeed, sign with the Flames as per guys on NHL Hockey Central.

1 yr, $1 mil. Some performance bonuses are involved too from what they are saying.

http://www.tsn.ca/jagr-signs-one-yea...lames-1.872620
    Last edited by Kevin; 10-02-2017 at 12:07 PM.

//reported Junior Division
    Fuck yes.
    Glad he got a contract.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast