Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rangers Sign Kevin Shattenkirk to 4-Year/$26.6M Contract; $6.65M AAV

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    burn em'

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mistercosmic's Avatar
    Send them to Patrick Roy.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    wtf do I do with my Holden jerseys? This is bs
    I feel bad for the people who had a #22 Boyle jersey before Dan came onto the team.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    I feel bad for the people who had a #22 Boyle jersey before Dan came onto the team.
    Phil bought a 22 for Dan.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Bumping this for seeing where mindsets were in July and what everything looks like now. I think it's relevant to where the team and Shatty sits right now. What's going to happen as the season continues? Who will settle into their role? Will they improve as a unit and keep the shuffling to a minimum?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division
    All hinges on Smith getting his shit together sooner rather than later...

The power play has been dramatically improved and that's why he's here. No issue so far with him. We know what we're getting in the defensive zone from this guy and our issues there go well beyond his play, even though he's a part of it too.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    The D is still a mess, and Shattenkirk is part of the reason why. He was signed to partner with McDonagh despite the lack of evidence suggesting he could handle the all situations duty playing 1RD requires. Factor in Smith and Skjei's regressions, and is it any wonder AV and Ruff have been playing musical chairs with the pairings? When Marc Staal has been the most effective first-pairing partner for McDonagh, that's sure saying something.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Growing Member Bantam Division
    I had a lot of reservations back when the rumor mill was going. He seemed like the kind of guy that has a someone high profile name that would get high expectations put on him only to not deliver and fail to handle the pressure of playing for the Rangers.

At this point, I didn't have high expectations of him, I think maybe I expected a little more? Hard to say exactly when most of the D seems to be a few steps off where they should be.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    To be fair to him, part of why he hasn't been as effective is specifically because both Skjei and Smith have regressed. If either, especially the latter, was able to stabilize the top pairing, there'd be significantly less issue (though it'd still be far from perfect) with the D.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The D is still a mess, and Shattenkirk is part of the reason why. He was signed to partner with McDonagh despite the lack of evidence suggesting he could handle the all situations duty playing 1RD requires. Factor in Smith and Skjei's regressions, and is it any wonder AV and Ruff have been playing musical chairs with the pairings? When Marc Staal has been the most effective first-pairing partner for McDonagh, that's sure saying something.
    He was not signed to play with McDonagh!
    I got dumped on for slotting him in on the second pair - and I was being optimistic!

He should be playing with Smith or Staal.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    To be fair to him, part of why he hasn't been as effective is specifically because both Skjei and Smith have regressed. If either, especially the latter, was able to stabilize the top pairing, there'd be significantly less issue (though it'd still be far from perfect) with the D.
    I don't think you can blame ones lack of ability, based on another individuals ineffectiveness. When your top D have been Staal, Holden and Kampfer... it shows anyone can be successful.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    He was not signed to play with McDonagh!
    I got dumped on for slotting him in on the second pair - and I was being optimistic!

He should be playing with Smith or Staal.
    Reading back in this thread, most believed he was. I agree with you though.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I think this is probably accurate. Nobody expected him to come here and be an all around stud on both ends of the ice. The guy is what he is: a powerplay stud. If our defensemen could cover his weakness then I think we'd be having a different conversation, but for now his holes in the back are more noticeable.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567