• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017 Draft Grade

Rangers

There are a lot of mixed feelings on how well or horrible we did in 2017 draft.

Lets grade it with A, B, C, F. Also state why you gave the grade.

7. Lias Andersson - Forward

Grade B. Young, slick hands, speed, works hard, hockey IQ. Most importantly, will fill the roster spot this or next year. He also played with big boys.

21. Filip Chytil - Forward

Grade B. Very young, has size, slick hands, speed, hockey IQ, played with man. Does need more time to develop.

Mods feel free to ad the rest of the picks if needed.

I'd like to start the conspiracy theory. Lias Andersson's dad and uncle played professional hockey and are scouts, also friends of Gordie Clark--Mays you think was their an agreement between them to draft him and put him on the team as long as he agrees to sign with us, he had signed a 2yr. deal to stay with HV71 after helping them win the Championship. And at the draft the comment was made that he started out on the 4th line but by the time the playoffs ended he was their 2nd line Center. More than once it was insinuated that he will get every opportunity to make the team. When you look at HV71s roster they don't have Lias Andersson listed and on top of that they acquired 2 new centers for the 2017-2018 season. Do they already know he's leaving their team? There was a comment made that if you're taken in the 1st Rd and signed by the team that drafted you, you can come over and play here.

Are we planning on giving him a spot on the roster right off the bat? Hmmm.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'd like to start the conspiracy theory. Lias Andersson's dad and uncle played professional hockey and are scouts, also friends of Gordie Clark--Mays you think was their an agreement between them to draft him and put him on the team as long as he agrees to sign with us, he had signed a 2yr. deal to stay with HV71 after helping them win the Championship. And at the draft the comment was made that he started out on the 4th line but by the time the playoffs ended he was their 2nd line Center. More than once it was insinuated that he will get every opportunity to make the team. When you look at HV71s roster they don't have Lias Andersson listed and on top of that they acquired 2 new centers for the 2017-2018 season. Do they already know he's leaving their team? There was a comment made that if you're taken in the 1st Rd and signed by the team that drafted you, you can come over and play here.

Are we planning on giving him a spot on the roster right off the bat? Hmmm.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That's because he signed a contract with Frolunda, not HV71.

Archived