Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Select [F] Lias Andersson with 7th Overall Pick

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    I definitely don't think trading Stepan was worth Lias Andersson and some cap space, but it's a sunk cost at this point. I can deal with it. Lots of these guys have bust potential. I don't see that with Andersson and many don't.
    Yeah, that's arguably the strongest defense of him. He's a near-lock for making the NHL, perhaps as soon as next season. I just wish, given their total lack of boom prospects, that they went for more impact with the pick.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    If that's who you want, flip the 7 for 13 or whatever and add a 4th or something.

So frustrating.

But no, it's the old boys last day so let's let him have his way. Fuckin dumb.
    Thanks for that Lundy pick 37 years ago, you've done shit since.

No that you are old and senile, we are sending you out the door.
    But before you do, throw some shit at the dart board and we'll go with that for first pick.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yeah, that's arguably the strongest defense of him. He's a near-lock for making the NHL, perhaps as soon as next season. I just wish, given their total lack of boom prospects, that they went for more impact with the pick.
    Agreed. I think, depending on what they do with the 21st, that this is salvageable.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Thanks for that Lundy pick 37 years ago, you've done shit since, are old and senile and we are sending you out the door.
    But before you do, throw some shit at the dart board and we'll go with that.
    LOL

I know scouts, I wouldn't trust them with choosing dinner.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Vilardi seemed more interesting to me. Conservative pick gets us oscar Stephan/Derek Lindberg. With less scoring? Fooking draft someone.with a #7 who can put the puck in the net wouldya! Oh well, Swedes have worked out well in the Nhl if that's hope. Off to Ned it's 1:40 am here.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...Rank&year=2017
    IF I COULD "CARPOOL KARAOKE" WITH ANY CELEBRITY IT WOULD BE: JUSTIN BIEBER
    OK, this is a big letdown on him.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Hey, "Sorry" is a fucking JAM.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Junior Member Mite Division Don't Stepan Matteau's Avatar
    McKenzie, who I consider the gold standard for the Draft, had him at 13. So yeah, you're right. It's not a huge reach, but it's still one I'm not all that comfortable making. I'm sure Andersson will be a fine NHL player. This isn't McIlrath, but considering the cost they paid to draft at seven, it's an underwhelming return.
    I agree with this, but just about every pick in this draft is some level of a crap shoot as there isn't a generational talent and because of that I'd be more concerned if they reached on a guy guy who was really talented but 3-5 years away due to body type or a severe limitation to his game like a lot of first round talent.

It sounds like Anderson has the size and skill set to fill one of our bottom 6 forward roles right away and because of the type of game he has still develop into a top 6 player while doing so, ala Brad Marchand or Kunitz but hopefully as a responsible center. That's a rarity coming out of the draft and perhaps warranted the bit of the reach since we do have the holes by trading step and losing Lindbergh.

It also allows the flexibility to find a short term aging star as rental which is a lot easier than trading for a flawed stud like Duchene, so in my mind it's not a huge deviation of the overall plan.
    Last edited by Don't Stepan Matteau; 06-23-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Hey, "Sorry" is a fucking JAM.
    He also like Sidney Crosby

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    I'm not ecstatic we didn't take a risk, but I'm okay with his projection. We need to go for a boom/bust type with #21

I hope this guy eventually develops into a Drury-type versatile player.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    I'm not ecstatic we didn't take a risk, but I'm okay with his projection. We need to go for a boom/bust type with #21

I hope this guy eventually develops into a Drury-type versatile player.

ISS' comparison for him is Alex Steen. I really like that as a basis for his play and potential ceiling.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    ISS' comparison for him is Alex Steen. I really like that as a basis for his play and potential ceiling.
    I'm about that. "All Situations" types of players are really valuable. And if he's NHL ready next season? We've seen some really good players start in a grinding role as young rookies and breakout with some offense. Both on the Rangers and around the league.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Im sure with the lack of 1st rounder the last few seasons Gorton and Co. probably thought a safe pick was worth the lack of ceiling here. Its certainly not an exciting pick but it may grow on us.

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Im sure with the lack of 1st rounder the last few seasons Gorton and Co. probably thought a safe pick was worth the lack of ceiling here. Its certainly not an exciting pick but it may grow on us.
    This is the way we need to look at it. Andersson wasn't going to make it to 21 despite what some here are claiming. He wasn't the pick at 7, but he's a player we'll grow to like. He's really good and can make the team next season. When was the last time the Rangers remotely had someone capable of that?

This is the way we need to look at it. Andersson wasn't going to make it to 21 despite what some here are claiming. He wasn't the pick at 7, but he's a player we'll grow to like. He's really good and can make the team next season. When was the last time the Rangers remotely had someone capable of that?
    At forward? Kreider.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

At forward? Kreider.
    I guess. But he didn't.

I guess. But he didn't.
    You asked. I'm just saying, that's the last time they came close.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Now we're guaranteed a high-end guy.

Just do it.

You asked. I'm just saying, that's the last time they came close.
    I mean like one that actually did.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Now we're guaranteed a high-end guy.

Just do it.
    who is ranked at 40? thats probably who they take lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast