• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Coyotes and Tippett Part Ways

Phil

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- Arizona Coyotes Owner, Chairman and Governor Andrew Barroway announced today that the Coyotes and Head Coach Dave Tippett have mutually agreed to part ways. A search for a new head coach will begin immediately.

"On behalf of the entire Coyotes organization, I would like to sincerely thank Tip for all of his hard work and the many contributions he made to our organization," said Barroway. "Tip is a man of high character and we are very grateful for his leadership during his tenure as our head coach. Ultimately, we have some philosophical differences on how to build our team. Therefore, we mutually agreed that it is in everyone's best interest to have a coaching change in order to move our franchise forward."

"After some thoughtful discussions with Andy, we both agreed that it was best for me to move on," said Tippett. "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Coyotes and wish Andy and the entire organization all the best in the future."

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coyotes-and-tippett-part-ways/c-290078552?tid=277567764

--

Frankly, I never understood the marriage between Chayka and Tippet to begin with, regardless of whatever promotions Tippet received once Chayka was named GM. They always seemed like oil and water to me.

Archived