• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Galchenyuk Being 'Actively Shopped' by Canadiens

Phil

:tweet: @mckennaconor: Hearing a lot of rumblings that a Drouin/Galchenyuk swap is coming?I'm no trade breaker, so take it for what it's worth.

:tweet: @mckennaconor: again, nothing definitive, but sounds like the Habs would be packaging a first with Galchenyuk in the deal.

Cap, most likely. Drouin is up for renewal and is probably going to cost more than Galchenyuk. Bolts still need to re-sign Palat and Johnson with roughly $17.5M to work with. Plus filling out the rest of the regular roster, including a backup goaltender.

Galchenyuk is being run out of Montr?al regardless. My guess is if this doesn't happen, he'll go to Colorado for Duchene instead. But Montr?al probably likes the impact, age, and the francophone aspects of Drouin more.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Cap, most likely. Drouin is up for renewal and is probably going to cost more than Galchenyuk. Bolts still need to re-sign Palat and Johnson with roughly $17.5M to work with. Plus filling out the rest of the regular roster, including a backup goaltender.

Galchenyuk is being run out of Montr?al regardless. My guess is if this doesn't happen, he'll go to Colorado for Duchene instead. But Montr?al probably likes the impact, age, and the francophone aspects of Drouin more.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Ok, but who the fuck is that in your avatar?

I would not be trading Galchenyuk is the habs ever want to win. That kid has some playoff balls that he proved in the series against us. He was the most effective forward for either team by a mile. One of the only reasons they were in the series imo.

Druoin is good too but you need guys who perform in the Spring. We already have seen why.

I would not be trading Galchenyuk is the habs ever want to win. That kid has some playoff balls that he proved in the series against us. He was the most effective forward for either team by a mile. One of the only reasons they were in the series imo.

Druoin is good too but you need guys who perform in the Spring. We already have seen why.

I think you're confusing Galchenyuk with Radulov as far as the best player in that series. Galchenyuk only had 3 assists. Drouin on the other had had 14 in 17 games last time the Lightning were in the playoffs.

:tweet: @THNKenCampbell: I'm told Drouin's agent Allan Walsh and Bergevin are already working on a deal. Also told Galchenyuk being "actively shopped" as of now.

Galchenyuk played just 61 games this past season, but he scored 17 goals and finished with 44 points while splitting his time between left wing and center.

Moving him likely means Bergevin and head coach Claude Julien viewed him as a true winger. With Max Pacioretty, Alexander Radulov, and now Drouin slotting in on the wings, Galchenyuk may be moved out in order to address greater team weaknesses at center and on defense.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1319295

I'd consider it, for sure. There's enough in the underlying numbers and the boxcar stats that make it an attractive idea.

Get a little younger, short term savings on cap space, quality talent for talent type deal. I'd consider it too. Not sure that's enough for Montreal but they would be getting a proven ~55 point player for one that hasn't been quite as consistent.

Why aren't we discussing this in the Ranger forum, where I mentioned the idea of Galchenyuk and Byron (maybe Beaulieu) for Step and Holden

Yeah, probably a better spot for it. Future thoughts on the matter will continue on there! :)

Archived