• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gordie Howe transcended hockey long after playing career ended

Remained as face of NHL for decades following retirement announcement on June 4, 1980

cut.jpg

Of course, Gordie Howe never really retired from hockey.

Not in 1971, when the forward hung up his skates for the first time following 25 years with the Detroit Red Wings.

And not in 1980, seven years after he returned to the ice with the World Hockey Association's Houston Aeros to play with his sons, Mark and Marty, a return that continued with the WHA's New England Whalers before spanning the bridge back into the NHL with the 1979-80 Hartford Whalers.

https://www.nhl.com/news/gordie-howe-retired-june-4-1980-remained-face-of-hockey/c-289754646?tid=282169076

Because he was simply wondering, in a very polite way, mind you, why you were posting a biography of Gordie Howe. I wouldn't have been as polite, and would have said something along the lines of, "If you come to talk to strangers on an internet message board, why are you so intent on forcing every one of those strangers to ignore you because nobody can figure out what or why you type many things?" I didn't say that though, and instead I am just going to second his question, and then see your answer and say, ah, ok.

Because he was simply wondering, in a very polite way, mind you, why you were posting a biography of Gordie Howe. I wouldn't have been as polite, and would have said something along the lines of, "If you come to talk to strangers on an internet message board, why are you so intent on forcing every one of those strangers to ignore you because nobody can figure out what or why you type many things?" I didn't say that though, and instead I am just going to second his question, and then see your answer and say, ah, ok.

Excuse me? I answered the question. Why are you coming after me? There are a slew of threads that people don't particularly like on many forums. I don't take kindly to your inference. And, BTW, how is it that you know exactly what someone else is wondering?

Archived