Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Your Take On Wearing Another Team's Jersey?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Greenday4537's Avatar
    Only time I'll ever be caught wearing a jersey that's not Yankees, Rangers, or Jets will be if I lose a bet.

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    In soccer that is a borderline crime. If I wore, lets say, a Liverpool shirt, Im pretty sure my dad would scratch me from the family tree and disinherit me. Soccer is like a religion for me, and u dont see a jew wearing a hijab.

With hockey its not the same. I dont even own a Rangers jersey (planning on buying one before next season tho), but I must admit that Ive used my friend's Ovechkin jersey before.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    You can wear a jersey,
    But you can't cheer for any other team.
    Ha...I'm kinda the opposite. I'm not going to wear many jerseys these days unless I'm going to a game, but I'll cheer for the Maple Leafs if I wanna!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    In soccer that is a borderline crime. If I wore, lets say, a Liverpool shirt, Im pretty sure my dad would scratch me from the family tree and disinherit me. Soccer is like a religion for me, and u dont see a jew wearing a hijab.

With hockey its not the same. I dont even own a Rangers jersey (planning on buying one before next season tho), but I must admit that Ive used my friend's Ovechkin jersey before.
    I got a Zuc stadium series with your name on it. Well really, Zuc's name on it, BUT YOU CATCH MY DRIFT. lol
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I don't even wear a Rangers jersey anymore

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Same. I don't like to wear a hockey jersey unless its when I am actually playing. I prefer to wear a "shersey" myself, which I have several of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    If you're of legal drinking age wearing any jersey is a bad look
    This ties into my comment above and to add to it, IMO hockey jerseys just don't really look all that flattering to wear as apparel. I'll never complain about a good looking woman with a nice rack wearing one of those womens cut/childrens size jerseys though hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Absolute no. You have 2 hockey jersey options. Your team's jersey or your country's jersey regardless of if the player is on the your team.
    This is my other opinion. I am of the thought that you should not wear apparel from a team other than your own. However, there are other players from other teams that I am a fan of. I have a Jonathan Quick USA shirt from the 2014 Olympics and a Ryan Miller USA shirt from the 2010 Olympics. This is the only case where I would represent another player. In the same idea, I would never wear a Lundqvist Sweden shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    I would never wear another NHL team's jersey. If others want to, I think it's fine if it's not a rival. A Ranger fan wearing a Crosby jersey should be kicked in the taint.
    This.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Vintage jerseys are ok.

I also own a knock off Tony Amonte Blackhawks jersey that I sometimes enjoy wearing.

my old school Sharks is one I like as well.

Rarely ever wear one from another team, but have a bunch that are just collector type things.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    Vintage jerseys are ok.

I also own a knock off Tony Amonte Blackhawks jersey that I sometimes enjoy wearing.

my old school Sharks is one I like as well.

Rarely ever wear one from another team, but have a bunch that are just collector type things.
    This is basically how I am. I used to like to collect jerseys. Now, they are all packed away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12