Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Suicide Bombing At Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester, UK

Senior Member Junior Division

Possible Suicide Bombing At Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester, UK

Awful! Disgusted b/c it targeted at a concert that tween/teenage girls would attend. Bunch of cowards to set this off.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Awful.

Fucking awful.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Greenday4537's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Awful! Disgusted b/c it targeted at a concert that tween/teenage girls would attend. Bunch of cowards to set this off.
    Every terrorist is a piece of shit coward.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Terrible all around. How do these people keep getting in?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    Terrible all around. How do these people keep getting in?

You're fighting an ideology. They don't die. They can't be fought with bullets and bombs. The only way to change them is through reason, logic, and secularism.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Yeah, but there's no reasoning with a worldwide caliphate.

Which is where secularism comes into play. Dividing religion from the state prevents the very concept of a caliphate from happening, in the same way it prevents a monarchy from ever forming in the United States.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

But Islam is inherently political.

So are all monotheistic religions. The only special circumstance Islam makes for itself is the declaration that it is the "last" religion.

But their political nature is exactly why secularism is so important in politics. It's the only wall worth building.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I think the concept of the separation of church and state is more alien to Islamic nations though. Even if European kings had a "divine right" to rule, secular representative bodies were and are part of the political proccess, much more so than the legislative bodies of these Islamic countries.

Less moderate impulses in Islam, is what I'm saying.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Greenday4537's Avatar
    This isn't Islam. This is some assholes trying to further their agenda by trying to steal someone else's religion and bastardizing it.

Absolutely.

Possible Suicide Bombing At Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Greenday4537 View Post
    This isn't Islam. This is some assholes trying to further their agenda by trying to steal someone else's religion and bastardizing it.
    If what you are saying is this has nothing to do with Islam, you're wrong. And repeating that lie gives shelter to this kind of extremism to continue. It's what prevents secular states from arising to divide religion and government from one another.

The Qu'ran, read literally, like any other holy book, is a manual for war.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    Less moderate impulses in Islam, is what I'm saying.

I agree, but I disagree with the idea that it's incompatible with secular governance. Tunisia, Kosovo, Bosnia & Herzegovina are very liberal Islamic majority countries because they support moderate interpretations and craft their laws in support of personal freedom.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Good point. Tunisia gets a lot of credit, and correct me if I'm wrong but our successful intervention in the other three countries probably had something to do with it also. I say successful because our attempts to steer govt towards democratic ideals in places like Egypt and Afghanistan were less successful, we are ineffective at propping up failed states.

No easy answers...

Well it has to start with not making excuses like "this has nothing to do with Islam". It clearly does or this wouldn't only occur repeatedly at the hands of Jihadists.

There's no simple solution to fix this tomorrow but there are solutions that will begin to if they're embraced. The introduction and support of secular democratic governments most importantly.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Disgusted hearing this. Cowards attacked young kids all in the name of religion. What a joke.

//reported Junior Division
    Gross.
    22 dead and 59 injured according to the news this morning.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast