Thread: Very Important That the Pens Win

Very Important That the Pens Win

The Rangers and the NHL don't need more teams trapping(aka coward hockey). Pens need to win in 5 or 6 to save the league from copycats.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Fuck that. I can't stomach another Pens cup. I hope they get swept.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    It's important the Pens win out of the East. They can then get curb stomped by the Predators. Perds in three.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Dont agree with this argument. Are you saying if Boucher's Lightning team in '11 beat Boston we wouldve had more teams running the 1-3-1 in the past 6 years? I mean, they lost in 7, not 5 or 6 and that didnt really happen.

And to be honest, the Rangers coped quite well with the Senators 1-3-1. They didn't lose the series because of that - it was down to two 6-on-5 disasters in matches that the Rangers completely dominated.

Other issues in the Senators series were poor powerplay and a lack of A-performances by Hank - neither are related to the Senators 1-3-1.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Rangers averaged 4 goals a game against the senators 1-3-1

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Moderator Junior Division
    I'd rather teams try the trap than do what the Pens do...which is play 6 goalies and then give the puck to Crosby/Malkin and hope they make a play.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I'd rather teams try the trap than do what the Pens do...which is play 6 goalies and then give the puck to Crosby/Malkin and hope they make a play.
    Lol, is this an exaggeration or are you serious?
    I almost refuse to watch the pens play, so I can't really comment on their defensive style, but that's hilarious.
    MacKinnon > Stepan and Kreider?
    Barrie > Staal + 1st?

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    Lol, is this an exaggeration or are you serious?
    I almost refuse to watch the pens play, so I can't really comment on their defensive style, but that's hilarious.
    It's sort of an exaggeration, as their system is probably a bit more nuanced than that, but Sulli's system is really similar to what Torts did in NY - which shouldn't be surprising. They pack it in on defense to hide the fact that their D-corps itself is dreadful and don't ask their D to do a whole lot.

They have a lot of speed, top to bottom, that makes the system work because they can apply pressure, but offensively they really just depend on Crosby/Malkin, and to some extent Kessel, making plays.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    I have thoroughly enjoyed the series so far. How could I not? Everything a NHL fan likes has been shown in this match-up, imo.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Yeah, except, you know, goals. Also, two fun-to-watch teams. It's Malkin, Phil & the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins versus Erik Karlsson & the Ottawa Senators Brought to you by Lunesta.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division Bigmoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yeah, except, you know, goals. Also, two fun-to-watch teams. It's Malkin, Phil & the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins versus Erik Karlsson & the Ottawa Senators Brought to you by Lunesta.
    Turned out to be a terrific series. Fuckin Ottawa still had that Golden Horseshoe up thier ass till the very end. I'll put my money on the Pens for the repeat.