Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: 2017 Off-Season Thread: Fix the Blue Line or Bust

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    The nature of Shatt and DeAngelo also means that we're prone to bad turnovers because they're aggressive. Yandle was great with the puck and had a number of bad ones simply from trying to make plays. We've also got a forward group that is horrible at getting themselves into space to give defenders somewhere to go with the puck.

Sure, we might have the puck more, but the difference is negligible if we're making more blatant turnovers. Not for nothing, but Mac was our worst defender in terms of giveaways per game last year. Shattenkirk has generally been good throughout his career, but was brutal in the playofffs (12 in 13 games). That statistic is kind of fluid, but that's not a good look.
    That's why I said theoretically, because on paper it should work and we hope it translates to the ice. Last year Brent Burns lead the league in giveaways with 153. Karlsson was second with 106. Anyone would take both those guys without a second thought. Shattenkirk only had 40 giveaways. It's also impossible to know what was going on in Mac's head, but was there a pretty good chance he tried to do too much because he couldn't rely on Girardi's puck skills? Is it a good possibility that having a partner that can also handle the puck greatly improves Mac's game?

I don't look at what Shattenkirk did in Washington and think that's what we'll get. This isn't a deadline move. You know he has at least spoken to McD, AV, and Ruff. There's going to be a full training camp/preseason where both the Shatty can learn the system, and the coaches can make tweaks to accommodate his skill set.

Deleted Midget Division
    Markov not re-signing. Buy out Staal, bring in Markov short term?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Would but he signed in the KHL.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    Now that Montreal has a hole on defense, and we have a hole at center, would it make sence to send DeAngelo for Galchenyuk? Maybe even add Holden if needed to clear up some cap space.
    Last edited by Rangers; 07-28-2017 at 01:23 PM.
    Shoot the puck!

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    Now that Montreal has a hole on defense, and we have a hole at center, would it make sence to send DeAngelo for Galchenyuk? Maybe even add Holden if needed to clear up some cap space.
    I would. Think Holden makes more sense for them, but it would take a pick as well.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021