Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Off-Season Thread: Fix the Blue Line or Bust

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Either Vegas takes him or they trade his final year IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    Yeah, he'll obviously be exposed and Vegas might need to get to the floor and wouldn't care about his 2.9m cap hit.
    Otherwise, package him at the draft for a pick or something.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Ferland would be a good option. Scored 15 goals, and is a ball of energy and physicality. He's everything we get in Glass, but with the ability to provide some offense as well. I wouldn't be against it.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Ferland would be a good option. Scored 15 goals, and is a ball of energy and physicality. He's everything we get in Glass, but with the ability to provide some offense as well. I wouldn't be against it.

I don't mind Ferland but where would you play him? There's only a spot if Grabner or Fast is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I don't mind Ferland but where would you play him? There's only a spot if Grabner or Fast is gone.
    The off-season is young. Let's accumulate talent now and worry about where they fall later. It's better to have a 15-goal guy playing fourth line minutes than AHL fodder needing to be in your lineup because you didn't get a guy.

I view our bottom-6 as having the potential to be two 3rd lines. Lines that have skill, can grind and also pot goals. Lindberg, Fast, Hayes, Miller all fall into this. Ferland would too, then one or two other guys to round it out.

Leaves a top-6 of Nash, Stepan, Kreider, Zucc, Zibanejad, Vesey. That's obviously before any changes, but we have 10 solid forwards already. They need a jolt and a shakeup, but we will find a way to fit it.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Either Vegas takes him or they trade his final year IMO.

Can't believe how much he regressed. He was fantastic at one point and never recovered. Keeping him would be a no brainer if he was still playing that way.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Speed kills

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Can't believe how much he regressed. He was fantastic at one point and never recovered. Keeping him would be a no brainer if he was still playing that way.
    The same thing is going to happen to Holden. Career year, then regress back to the 3rd pairing play level they have exhibited over their careers.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenvold View Post
    What do you guys think is going to happen to Kevin Klein?

We talk a lot about G and Staal being anchors b/c of their wages, but Klein didn't even take up minutes in the play-off and is on a 2.9M contract for next year as well. Will the Rangers be able to trade him to get rid of that salary? It would almost fund a new contract for Smith by itself.
    Had back issues I think. Somehow Gorton will have to convince someone to take him. He was dreadful.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    It was that damn man bun. It made him into a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
    Raanta for Michael Ferland, straight up.

Thoughts? Ferland is the type of player we need, IMO. A pain in the ass who is actually a very good third line player. Calgary needs a good goalie badly. Seems like a good fit to me.
    I'd want something a little more substantial for a potential starter who makes peanuts. I'm not familiar with the player all that much, but IMO the Rangers have enough lower line players already on the roster.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    It was that damn man bun. It made him into a pussy.

What would it take to get Silfverberg from the Ducks? They have limited space to keep him and other forwards, along with all the D men. Dude is a playoff performer, a right handed shot, which the Rangers lack both at forward and the blue line. Would it cost Buch plus? Or could they swing a deal moving Miller and Stepan for him and one of their defenders? Could the Ducks use this combo at forward? Miller makes sense to them as he wouldn't need to be protected. I haven't thought this one through all too much and I'm not exactly sure it helps the Ducks or Rangers for the expansion draft.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Progrocker View Post
    I think Hank would have had a considerably better season if he had teammates making a much better effort to CLEAR HIS FUCKING CREASE!
    I should have left Hank out of it; but on that point, me and my friend here saw Hank let in countless goals he had a good looks on that we don't think he would have let in before this year.

I agree however, the D left an awful lot to be desired. Surprised Klein crapped out as bad as he did, so now we have another D-man we need to replace. A lot of D-men we need to replace...and I don't think buying out Girardi or Staaal is going to happen for another year or two. the whole thing leaves me wondering if next year is a lost cause, so great are the problems. But I'm not going to succumb to negative thinking -- so I'll just be cranky for while and get into gear for next season a little later than I might normally have, while hoping we somehow snag Trouba or some other promising player who might be a good fit.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    What would it take to get Silfverberg from the Ducks? They have limited space to keep him and other forwards, along with all the D men. Dude is a playoff performer, a right handed shot, which the Rangers lack both at forward and the blue line. Would it cost Buch plus? Or could they swing a deal moving Miller and Stepan for him and one of their defenders? Could the Ducks use this combo at forward? Miller makes sense to them as he wouldn't need to be protected. I haven't thought this one through all too much and I'm not exactly sure it helps the Ducks or Rangers for the expansion draft.
    The only way to do that is to lump him in with a younger defender in a blockbuster.

At this point, I think ANA is going to dump someone else so that they don't have to expose him.

One thing I really fear is that Buchnevich will be traded. In my opinion he is a cornerstone for the future of the Rangers and should be virtually untouchable. He must see more top-6 icetime next season, and I think he will be incredibly valuable considering that he is still on ELC and all.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I doubt they trade him

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenvold View Post
    One thing I really fear is that Buchnevich will be traded. In my opinion he is a cornerstone for the future of the Rangers and should be virtually untouchable. He must see more top-6 icetime next season, and I think he will be incredibly valuable considering that he is still on ELC and all.
    They won't trade Buch... but then again I didn't they they'd trade Duclair either. (I just looked him up for shits a giggles. He's still only 21 somehow and Keith Yandle is long gone. What a mistake that was even if Duc did have a bad season last year.)
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    They're not comparable situations. They had way more questions on Duclair's future dating back to the draft he fell to the third round in as a projected first-round talent.

They courted Buchnevich hard with Drury traveling to Russia to convince him to forego another year in the KHL for the NHL. There's no way they don't project him as an integral part of their offense going forward.

I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I think part of Buchnevich's up and down season was the Russian winger the Rangers never got to help ease his transition to North America. He was on an island much of the season with only Kreider to talk to, and Kreider himself has admitted that his Russian is baseline.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    They're not comparable situations. They had way more questions on Duclair's future dating back to the draft he fell to the third round in as a projected first-round talent.

They courted Buchnevich hard with Drury traveling to Russia to convince him to forego another year in the KHL for the NHL. There's no way they don't project him as an integral part of their offense going forward.

I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I think part of Buchnevich's up and down season was the Russian winger the Rangers never got to help ease his transition to North America. He was on an island much of the season with only Kreider to talk to, and Kreider himself has admitted that his Russian is baseline.
    Of course that was an issue. Whether it effected his play on the ice, we don't know, but realistically how could it not? How you you like to go to Russia tomorrow and do the job you do without a single person in your office that speaks English except one guy who studied it for four years in university? You probably wouldn't. I pushed for that last season. I'll push for it again. You can't just put a kid on an island and expect him to thrive.

That said, he was also a rookie. Honestly, I thought they kind of let Vesey do whatever the fuck he wanted and clamped down on Buch. Vesey went long stretches of games where he didn't even get a shot on goal, let alone put up points so I'm not quite sure what happened there. I also don't know how the option became either Tanner Glass or Buch -- two different roles, two entirely different players. Again, it's all over and you can second guess everything (which I have). Lots of questionable decisions all around, IMO.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast