Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restricted Free Agents To Be Available In Vegas Signing Window

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Exactly. They will be an even suckier version of the Rangers lol. Build from the bottom, aim for last place and 1st overall and take it from there. The problem would be if they do this, players like Lindberg/Fast would be perfect. It will be hard to try and make them take Klein/Holden, especially when we dont have a 2nd rounder. If Im Vegas I would rather have Fast then Klein + a 3rd.
    Take Grabner, flip him at the trade deadline. He would end up as a first liner, probably putting up good numbers if not similar to what he did this year. Look at what Phoenix got for Hanzal. They could get a lighter, but still good haul for a speedy scorer like Grabner. That's why I think we'll be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Yeah, totally forgot Grabner. He is the obvious choice for them.

We will be fine without him, top 9 will be Zucc, Nash, Miller, Vesey, Buch and Kreider (if no trades). 4th line will be fine with Fast and a UFA/prospect.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Exactly. They will be an even suckier version of the Rangers lol. Build from the bottom, aim for last place and 1st overall and take it from there. The problem would be if they do this, players like Lindberg/Fast would be perfect. It will be hard to try and make them take Klein/Holden, especially when we dont have a 2nd rounder. If Im Vegas I would rather have Fast then Klein + a 3rd.
    We don't have a 3rd either..

*If Smith doesn't get a reasonable extension, what a terrible fucking trade that was. 3rd this year, 2nd next..
    Last edited by Flynn; 06-01-2017 at 10:31 AM.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

NHL Announces Transaction Freeze During Expansion Window

The NHL has announced that they will put a hold on any waivers, trades or signings from June 17th at 2pm to June 22 at 7am (all times CDT). That would encompass the entire window that the Vegas Golden Knights have to select their expansion roster. Teamís protection lists must be submitted by 4pm on June 17th, while the team will be announced at the NHL Awards Ceremony on June 21st.
    https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017...expansion.html
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Heard a rumor (emphasis on rumor) that the Rangers were talking to Vegas about trading their first to Vegas if they take one of Staal/Girardi. I didn't realize that it was also mentioned in the NHL section that "an unnamed team" was thinking about doing this. I think that unnamed team is NYR.

Thoughts? I don't love it.
    GORTON 2020

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Heard a rumor (emphasis on rumor) that the Rangers were talking to Vegas about trading their first to Vegas if they take one of Staal/Girardi. I didn't realize that it was also mentioned in the NHL section that "an unnamed team" was thinking about doing this. I think that unnamed team is NYR.

They both have nmc, so how would that work?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post

From?

I'm fine dealing a first-rounder to VGK if they take Staal (then buyout G), but we don't deal in hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    They both have nmc, so how would that work?
    One would have to waive it to accept the deal.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    How about this? This best represents my thinking.
    1. Trade Vegas a 3rd rounder to not choose Fast, Lindberg or Grabner.
    or
    2. Trade Vegas a 2nd to not choose Fast, Lindberg, Grabner or Raanta.
    or
    3. Trade Vegas our 1st and they select Girardi who agrees to waive his NMC.

I would love to make one of these trades.
    Source of rumor could be from my post exactly two months ago on the Fast thread. (above)
    I also suggested this idea in January on another board.
    Vegas selects G (waives NMC) and gets our 21st pick in the draft.

We keep all our forwards and Raanta. Shed a slow, old, 5.5 mil cap hit for 3 years. They get a guy coming off a good playoff showing, probable leader and valued stay-at-home shotblocker. McPhee already said last week that he wants to load up on picks in this and the next draft. We have an immediate mid first to offer.

Mikey, G's NMC becomes modified in July. So mgmt tells him we are moving in a new direction and he will be traded, regardless. Even if he isn't traded, he'd be relegated to the press box as injury insurance, which I doubt he wants. Talking Staal into waiving is a different story and much less realistic.

Phil, the buyout option blows for either G or Staal. The Ranger's need a major overhaul on the blueline. Speed, mobility, and surer exits of the D zone needs to be the focus. Staal (with his salary and age) should go too. He won't waive for Vegas, even if told his role will be seriously diminished. However, joining his brother in Minny seems reasonable. I think Minny still likes Steppan too. They also may want a goalie and to recoup one of the many high picks they traded.

Step
    Staal (1.25 mil retained)
    Raanta or 2018 2nd or D prospect like Zborovskiy or improved prospect Ryan Gropp (Wild can choose 2 from this line, or maybe there is another prospect they like)

Rangers get back:
    RHD Dumba or underrated RHD Spurgeon (Minn's choice)
    C Coyle or Mikael Granlund (if Minny prefers)

Dumba's making 2.5 and due big RFA raise in 2018, Spurgeon is 5.2 for the next 3 years.
    Coyle is 3.2 for 3 years and Granlund is a RFA due a big raise from 3 mil.

If the Wild refuse to part with Coyle or Granlund, then RFA right shot Neiderreiter or maybe Haula or even Jason Zucker (even though he is a LW) would still be attractive options. The key is being able to pair the speedy Spurgeon or the young Dumba with McD.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 06-04-2017 at 01:11 AM.

I should add, if our first pick to Vegas to select G doesn't materialize, I'd still offer Vegas our 2nd in 2018 to not select a forward from our roster. We can not lose Oscar or Jasper. Grabner fits great here and we could really use him, his speed, his D on that salary again this year, too.

I would not trade Oscar or Jasper for a 2nd, so I fear Vegas might see it the same way and prefer to select our young but established center.

So... I'm all in sending G and our first. Makes too much sense. Then make the big trade with the Wild. Then resign Smith completing top 4. Trade Holden and probably Klein for mid round picks. Let the 3rd pair come from Graves, Kampfer, Pionk and Bereglazov (and maybe bring in someone). Now the D looks and plays drastically different. Guys who can score, are quick to the puck, can pass or skate it out. Sidenote prediction: Kampfer wins 3rd pair RHD and is surprisingly solid.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 06-04-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Why would Girardi just give in and waive his NMC to go to Vegas? No matter how you shake it he gets his money. From his point of view, best option is don't waive and gives Randers the list of teams you're willing to go to. Why do anything else?
    Last edited by Long live the King; 06-04-2017 at 02:40 AM.

So there will be 16 teams Girardi can be traded to. If his agent has half a brain here is the list:

Toronto and Buffalo...close to his home town, but why would they want him?

NYI and NJD...won't have to move his family, but they are out biggest rivals and why would they want him?

Chicago, Anaheim, Detroit, Boston, Minnesota, Nashville, Tampa, Carolina, Winnipeg, Columbus, St. Louis, Ottawa...are all either strapped for cap space or have no desire to add G to their D corps.

So how easy is it to trade him????

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Why would Girardi just give in and waive his NMC to go to Vegas? No matter how you shake it he gets his money. From his point of view, best option is don't waive and gives Randers the list of teams you're willing to go to. Why do anything else?
    Here is why he might do it.
    1. To continue to be a valuable member of an NHL team and extend his career.
    2. Play for a team that wants him and will give him a leadership role and big minutes. To work where he is wanted.
    3. To not be stuck on a team that tells him he will not play many games.
    4. To satisfy his desire to compete and play and be a part of something.
    5. Professional pride. To show he can still play.
    6. Maybe he does not view Vegas as a hell hole, but an interesting opportunity.
    7. Because he is told he will not be a Ranger this year. Why dick around hoping another team wants him, when Vegas already does.

I agree that G could put a wrench in this idea, but I also would not dismiss it as an absolute long shot. If G were to agree, do you have other feedback?

With salary retention and G's playoff, the Ranger could probably find a trading partner.

I was going to mention the Sabres. Being here in upstate and having family in Roch and Buff, I hear about their plight constantly. There is turmoil among mgmt, players (Eichel) and coaching. There is talk they want veteran leadership on the blueline. They want a few guys with winning playoff experience and to settle the locker room. Someone to stay at home and PK, allowing Bogosian to concentrate more on PP and O and lessen his PK responsibilities. They want reliable vet depth defensemen (unselfish team players and winners) to give their young forwards more confidence. With some salary retention, the Sabres might welcome G.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 06-04-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    So there will be 16 teams Girardi can be traded to. If his agent has half a brain here is the list:

Toronto and Buffalo...close to his home town, but why would they want him?

So how easy is it to trade him????
    Besides Buff, Toronto could be interested too. Again, they are ready to add a vet or two to their very young group. Some salary retention and very little in return could make G attractive to Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I think Vegas will be a competitive team, and be in the mix for a playoff spot.
    I think their line up will be comprised of players that are fixtures on current NHL teams. They most likely won't have any superstars (unless traded for), but will have a forward roster filled with at least 6th through 9th guys, with a possibility of maybe 1 or 2 5ths. The blue line could be tricky, but they'll have solid goaltending. A team can easily compete with a roster selected of all solid players, especially if coached right. My guess is they'll be a grinding team that scores dirty goals. The blue line might hurt them, but the team will compete.
    Hey Giacomin, suck on that, buddy.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    What a bump.

Hey Giacomin, suck on that, buddy.

Did we ever debate or disagree on Vegas this year or in the off season? I liked what Vegas and McPhee did during the expansion and entry draft. Complemented him up and down during the off season. But I'll suck on it, if it makes you feel better.

You should take this evidence and show it to those who had an issue with your take on Vegas. Or those arguing with you about Vegas in the other thread. I've stayed out of it. To use me as your foil is misdirected. I happen(ed) to have a similar take, except for thinking they got more than just 6 through 9 forwards. If anything I'd magnify and expand on your reasoning.

The only debate about a team I remember having with you was regarding the team from NJ. That would have been the more relevant bump. However, no reason to go there, I had the advantage of seeing a lot of Devil's games. Had you seen as much, I'm sure you would have recognized that their rebuild was going well, even though they are not ready for prime time.

I'm confident you know your stuff. No need to prove that to me.

Did we ever debate or disagree on Vegas this year or in the off season? I liked what Vegas and McPhee did during the expansion and entry draft. Complemented him up and down during the off season. But I'll suck on it, if it makes you feel better.

You should take this evidence and show it to those who had an issue with your take on Vegas. Or those arguing with you about Vegas in the other thread. I've stayed out of it. To use me as your foil is misdirected. I happen(ed) to have a similar take, except for thinking they got more than just 6 through 9 forwards. If anything I'd magnify and expand on your reasoning.

The only debate about a team I remember having with you was regarding the team from NJ. That would have been the more relevant bump. However, no reason to go there, I had the advantage of seeing a lot of Devil's games. Had you seen as much, I'm sure you would have recognized that their rebuild was going well, even though they are not ready for prime time.

I’m just fuckin with you. Lol
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Last edited by Giacomin; 05-21-2018 at 12:36 PM.

I’m busy today, but if you can go back and find my posts about NJ, I’d like to read them.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    this aint the selfies thread
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast