Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Restricted Free Agents To Be Available In Vegas Signing Window

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    Seriously I'd sacrifice a second in a future year. How many turn into pros you want to even keep anyway -- a bird in the hand in this case is worth a 2nd in the bush.

Totally with you on that. these guys are playing the game the right way. in the playoffs too. Keepers.

Lindberg and Fast are finally paying off after being in the Rangers system. I'd give up picks no problem to keep them both.

Can the Rangers do a deal that forces Vegas to draft a specific player? It would be incredible if they could be persuaded to take Marc Staal.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Staal would have to agree, believe he has a NMC

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenvold View Post
    Can the Rangers do a deal that forces Vegas to draft a specific player? It would be incredible if they could be persuaded to take Marc Staal.
    Yes. They can entice McPhee with draft picks, for example.

Staal would need to waive his NMC in order to be exposed. Highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    You guys didn't tell Marc that I'll be in Vegas to watch him play?
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yes. They can entice McPhee with draft picks, for example.

Staal would need to waive his NMC in order to be exposed. Highly unlikely.

Of course! Anyway I think its going to be hard to deal with Vegas. They are going to get lots of offers but in the end they dont need 14 third round picks and a bunch of leftovers in their roster.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenvold View Post
    Of course! Anyway I think its going to be hard to deal with Vegas. They are going to get lots of offers but in the end they dont need 14 third round picks and a bunch of leftovers in their roster.
    Why? Their roster is going to be a bunch of leftovers regardless. They'd be better off having 0 players, forfeiting every game, and getting as many picks as possible.

Adding a bunch of picks can help them turn into Toronto sooner rather than later.

@PR_NHL: Bill Daly announces window for @GoldenKnights to make selections after getting lists for NHL Expansion Draft expanded from 48 to 72 hours.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Imagine having 48 hours to build a team...

When does this happen btw?
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Begins June 18th.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    I think Vegas will be a competitive team, and be in the mix for a playoff spot.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I think Vegas will be a competitive team, and be in the mix for a playoff spot.
    Why?

Who do you think they are going to draft that is going to make them a playoff team?

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Maybe after 2-3 years if they play their cards right.

I would definitely try to get as many picks as possible and pick up some vets in the ED. Try to trade up in the entry-draft and see if they can get 2-3 first rounders.

The Pacific is not the worst division, but I guess they will fall a bit short. Smartest thing for them would be to aim at the bottom and hope for some lottery Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Why?

Who do you think they are going to draft that is going to make them a playoff team?
    I think their line up will be comprised of players that are fixtures on current NHL teams. They most likely won't have any superstars (unless traded for), but will have a forward roster filled with at least 6th through 9th guys, with a possibility of maybe 1 or 2 5ths. The blue line could be tricky, but they'll have solid goaltending. A team can easily compete with a roster selected of all solid players, especially if coached right. My guess is they'll be a grinding team that scores dirty goals. The blue line might hurt them, but the team will compete.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I think their line up will be comprised of players that are fixtures on current NHL teams. They most likely won't have any superstars (unless traded for), but will have a forward roster filled with at least 6th through 9th guys, with a possibility of maybe 1 or 2 5ths. The blue line could be tricky, but they'll have solid goaltending. A team can easily compete with a roster selected of all solid players, especially if coached right. My guess is they'll be a grinding team that scores dirty goals. The blue line might hurt them, but the team will compete.
    I mean, we're worried about losing Jesper Fast. He's fine but if each team is losing their version of Jesper Fast, Vegas will finish dead last.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I mean, we're worried about losing Jesper Fast. He's fine but if each team is losing their version of Jesper Fast, Vegas will finish dead last.
    Please don't include me on the popular opinions here by using "we". Lol
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Each team is not losing their version of Jesper Fast. Some are at risk of losing top-six talent and top-four defensemen. Anaheim, Nashville, Minnesota, and Florida are all losing serious players.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Imagine having 48 hours to build a team...
    I'm almost certain Phil Jackson did this, and had 36 hours left over to meditate

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Vegas should go after valuable assets. RHD, younger players that can then be flipped for more assets such as draft picks. Build up from the farm. Suck for a few years when you're expected to, accumulate prospects and build a legitimate franchise. If they go "win now" or "immediate success", this team is going to suck for a long time.

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Vegas should go after valuable assets. RHD, younger players that can then be flipped for more assets such as draft picks. Build up from the farm. Suck for a few years when you're expected to, accumulate prospects and build a legitimate franchise. If they go "win now" or "immediate success", this team is going to suck for a long time.

Exactly. They will be an even suckier version of the Rangers lol. Build from the bottom, aim for last place and 1st overall and take it from there. The problem would be if they do this, players like Lindberg/Fast would be perfect. It will be hard to try and make them take Klein/Holden, especially when we dont have a 2nd rounder. If Im Vegas I would rather have Fast then Klein + a 3rd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast