• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Oilers May Renew Efforts to Trade Eberle After Season

Phil

?It?s been tough for Eberle. It?s just not working for him,? said a sympathetic Elliotte Friedman during a Monday morning radio hit on Calgary?s Sportsnet 960. ?I?m sure at the end of the season, depending on what happens, they?re going to renew efforts to see if they can move him.

?You know what? Now at this point in time it?s almost like piling on, and I really don?t like to pile on people. We all see what?s going on and we?ll see where it goes.

?But I don?t want to pile on Eberle anymore. It?s enough. I just think that at the end of the year they?re going to investigate again is there a move they can make.?

?St. Louis has a great game-breaker in Tarasenko. But, and someone sent me this note yesterday after the game. I?ve got to do the exact numbers, but I think they?re right. If you take a look at all of the guys who finished high on the list in scoring, they all have a teammate who was close. It?s Kane-Panarin in Chicago. It?s McDavid-Draisaitl in Edmonton. It?s Crosby-Malkin in Pittsburgh. It?s Benn-Seguin in Dallas. Tarasenko is the one guy who on his team had nobody near him. St. Louis is going to need to find offensive players, and I wonder if they would be the kind of team that would say, ?Alright, we?d be willing to look at Eberle under the right circumstances.?

?And I?m not reporting that that?s happened, I?m just saying that that?s my initial thought.?

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-oilers-may-renew-efforts-trade-eberle-season/

Lack of an extra effort. He had no goals and two points in twelve playoff games this run, and his production is in slow but steady decline. 0.81, 0.78, 0.68, 0.62 P/GP pace, in that order, the last four seasons. Having just turned 26, it’s unlikely that those are going to spike the other way, rather they’ll continue to erode as his career progresses.

So disappointing. I was a fan until I began to watch more games and just saw the coasting and as Phil said lack of effort. Kids not a gamer. He will do some fancy shit from time to time but that's about it.

He was a lot of fun to watch in the WJC days.

RNH and Eberle were both wildly underwhelming. It's amazing how many #1's they have any yet all they really needed was one: I wouldn't be totally shocked if both those guys are on the block in some capacity.

If I were the Oilers, I'd move both if possible. Draisaitl will basically inherit one of their contracts anyway, but neither is of much value to them next season.

Archived