Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: [ECSF] (#6) Rangers vs Ottawa Senators // If They Lose We Riot

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Time for Ranger fans to take a breath and let the angry mob scream for the execution of everybody. When they are done we can move on from a successful 2016-17 season and start talking about 2017-18.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I only watch FOREIGN films Bantam Division Steven.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Time for Ranger fans to take a breath and let the angry mob scream for the execution of everybody. When they are done we can move on from a successful 2016-17 season and start talking about 2017-18.

Throwing a series away to an inferior team is considered a "success" now?

No wonder this team has one cup in 77 years.
    Hidden Content

"TV is a nickname, nicknames are friends, and television is no friend of mine."

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Not exactly inferior as they are moving on. Hawks were eliminated in 4 straight yet no one is calling for an entire implosion. Only in NY......
    Uh they've won 3 cups in 7 years. We've won, uh, wait for it...zero. But no, the team doesn't deserve any criticism, everything is just peachy and hunky dory.
    Hidden Content

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
    Uh they've won 3 cups in 7 years. We've won, uh, wait for it...zero.
    One in 77 as you just said before lol

But, yeah, this season was not a success. Any season where they don't win a Cup or at least play for one in this "Lundqvist window" is a failure, in my eyes.

It's just another season wasted of that window and they're not exactly a team that is trending up.

Welcome back Little Steven. We missed your positivity since July 2016 until you roared back in yesterday to attack everything about the Rangers and demand immediate firings.

The Avalanche and Coyotes are lucky you don't root for them, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Welcome back Little Steven. We missed your positivity since July 2016 until you roared back in yesterday to attack everything about the Rangers and demand immediate firings.

The Avalanche and Coyotes are lucky you don't root for them, I guess

Ay, yes, the 'ol "these things REALLY suck so our suckage doesnt suck" bit. To quote Doug Stanhope: "Their suck doesn't make your suck suck any less".

I've wanted AV gone since last offseason, btw. The day he's no longer coaching this team will be a day of joyous celebration for me.

But yeah, you're a true fan, man. Only fake fans criticize the team while real fans suck off everyone involved despite continued disappointment.
    Hidden Content

Let's stop the personal jabs. Thanks.

Senior Member Squirt Division Bigmoe's Avatar
    On another note:

I can't believe I have to watch Pens /Caps

And we're gone

Ugggggg

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    I can't watch anything right now. Perhaps the western conference games but looking at the Caps, Pens or Sens makes me want to puke.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmoe View Post
    On another note:

I can't believe I have to watch Pens /Caps

And we're gone

Ugggggg
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    I can't watch anything right now. Perhaps the western conference games but looking at the Caps, Pens or Sens makes me want to puke.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    There is a small blessing in this

NO Pierre Maguire and the rest of the NBC gang of "unlistenables"

Senior Member Midget Division

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Uh, I never said they didn't deserve criticism; they surely do.
    And I just want to correct you a bit on the idea that no one is calling for a Blackhawks implosion. There are plenty of people who see flaws in the Blackhawks roster, but the core of that roster is untradeable due to horrible contracts and no move clauses.

Kane and Toews are signed through 2023 at $10.5M AAV and have an NMC. 38 year old Marian Hossa is signed through 2021 at $5.275M AAV and has an NMC. Artem Anisimov was given an NMC for some reason. Marcus Kruger, a player who hasn't even hit 30 points in his career yet, is signed for 2 more years at $3M AAV and has an NTC next year.

Next year Panarin's new contract kicks in at $6M and that's one of their better contracts. After Panarin, literally every other forward on the roster makes less than $1M. It's a very top heavy roster.

Then, on the back end it's even worse. First, credit where credit is due, Keith signed through 2023 at $5.5M AAV is a fucking coup but he's got an NMC. Brent Seabrook - their Dan Girardi - is making $6.85M until 2024 with an NMC. Hjalmarsson is making $4M with an NMC too.

So they're handcuffed. They can't trade anyone of value without them waiving their no move clause (unless they trade Panarin) and they can't trade some of their dead weight like Seabrook. Maybe they can jettison Kruger before his NTC kicks in, but who is taking that contract for basically a 4th line center?

If you notice the trend, it's going to be like this every year until about 2021. They'll try to mix it up with low cost rookies and spare parts, but unless they find a diamond in the rough, it's going to be tough going for them. They became a victim of their own success. They had to sign these players to these deals (except Hossa) and show loyalty because of the success these players have given them. Along the way, they lost key pieces like Saad, Ladd, and Byfuglien.

And it's not like they can trade their coach who won them 3 Stanley Cups either. It's a roster construction issue, not a coaching issue.

So anyway, the calls for change in Chicago are quiet since most people realize that there's nothing to be done.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jrc64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    You're reading too much into it. AV is a player's coach. The fans are sick of him, not the players. I don't think Hank is throwing AV under the bus like he did Torts and unless that happens, I don't see him going anywhere.
    We have no idea what is going through the players heads and how they are feeling. I know its their teammates, but let's be honest.....if WE as fans knew certain players did not belong on the ice at critical times, don't you think the players know it as well. Again, it's their teammates, and I get that they will always be supportive of them. However, I'm sure in their minds they certainly must be questioning the player decisions in those moments as well as his defensive shell style of play with a one or two goal lead with less than 7 or 8 minutes left.

Exit interviews today. Should be interesting.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast