Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: [ECSF] (#6) Rangers vs Ottawa Senators // If They Lose We Riot

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Sens fans coming out of woodwork I haven't seen in 10 years. Amazing how that works.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Cant blame the bounces every time. Did it in 2014 and now again. You create your own luck. The series vs tampa was a choke. SC finalist the year before and won the president thropy that year, just to get shutout in a game 7 at home. Didnt they have like 2-3 goals at home combined in the 4 games at home? Everything was there for another SCF. Game 7 at home, with hank being 10-0 i those situations, and they ended up losing 2-0. Thats choking.

Last year was another story, but it goes with what im saying about this team just being a "almost team" every year. Just hanging around in the playoffs, but never winning. I dont care if they beat Detroit's playoff record, if there is no ring to show for it, it's a fiasco.

This core tried their best, but it didnt work. Hank, giradi, staal, nash, step and AV needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Shut out games 5 and 7 at home against Tampa, that's pathetic

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

What happened to the savior Tanner Glass? Did he even play last night?

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    I said before the game that I wanted Buch in. The Glass effect was over, and playing a 4th line of Buch - Oscar - JT would be much smarter in this game.

But what the hell, wouldn't have made the big difference anyway I guess.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mistercosmic's Avatar
    Perhaps the beloved Glass effect will return next season, while Brendan Smith will leave us during postseason. Would not surprise me at all...

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Yeah, he trolled Boucher in to dressing Neil, he should have come back with Buchnevich last night.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Watching Kreider go puck chasing and letting go of Karlsson only to have him immediately score the GWG is like when Peter Parker let the thief, who later killed Uncle Ben, run by.
    Hahaha yes!

Senior Member Junior Division
    Hey, at least we got the Winter Classic at CitiField

Senior Member Bantam Division
    While we're talking about how bad our team is, which they are, they are a stinking pile of garbage, I do have to take a moment to comment about how incredibly, incredibly, incredibly good Karlsson is. That guy has my vote for best and probably most underrated player in the league. He carries his team every game and does so many good things with the puck it's almost surreal. Props to him, outstanding series from an outstanding player.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    While we're talking about how bad our team is, which they are, they are a stinking pile of garbage, I do have to take a moment to comment about how incredibly, incredibly, incredibly good Karlsson is. That guy has my vote for best and probably most underrated player in the league. He carries his team every game and does so many good things with the puck it's almost surreal. Props to him, outstanding series from an outstanding player.
    Karlsson was a difference maker and we had no one to match
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

What happened to pounding Karlsson

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Karlsson was a difference maker and we had no one to match
    Rangers had the opportunity to make Karlsson a non-factor but didnt take advantage. Didnt knock him around, didnt focus on hitting him on every opportunity, they let him do his thing especially the last 2 games. Kreider had the opportunity to hit him to the Javits Center and just skated by him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Rangers had the opportunity to make Karlsson a non-factor but didnt take advantage. Didnt knock him around, didnt focus on hitting him on every opportunity, they let him do his thing especially the last 2 games. Kreider had the opportunity to hit him to the Javits Center and just skated by him instead.
    Kid gloves.. This team is so fucking soft, its sickening.. Kreider in particular is infuriating- he embodies 'Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane'

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Watching Kreider go puck chasing and letting go of Karlsson only to have him immediately score the GWG is like when Peter Parker let the thief, who later killed Uncle Ben, run by.
    Lol, have to remember to rep this.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Kid gloves.. This team is so fucking soft, its sickening.. Kreider in particular is infuriating- he embodies 'Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane'
    But they werent soft vs. MTL. B/c MTL tried to pound/intimidate the Rangers, the Rangers matched them. Rangers should have kept that up going into Round 2 especially since the Senators arent a physical team. Rangers proved in Round 1 that they could be physical but they went away from that b/c Ottawa isnt physical.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mistercosmic's Avatar
    Karlsson is a difference-maker and we have no such elite players.
    Last edited by Mistercosmic; 05-10-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jrc64's Avatar
    This is simply a product of the coach, and he has a history of it.

Remember the 2014 Cup finals: We get off to a 2-0 lead in game #1, and lose. We led game #2 2-0 after one, and 4-2 heading to 3rd. We lose in OT. And we actually led 2-1 heading into the third in game #5. Yup...we end up losing.

Same old shit. It just never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    But they werent soft vs. MTL. B/c MTL tried to pound/intimidate the Rangers, the Rangers matched them. Rangers should have kept that up going into Round 2 especially since the Senators arent a physical team. Rangers proved in Round 1 that they could be physical but they went away from that b/c Ottawa isnt physical.
    That's why I think they are soft.. When you have the opportunity to pound someone into submission, but decide to get in a slap fight instead is just insane. MTL showed the team has the chops to hit and play legit playoff hockey, but it seems to me its a mentality AV just doesn't have.. By no means is this team the Kings of a few years ago, but there is enough size to make playing them difficult, but he'd rather have fucking Ice Capades.

Kreider should be killing people.. The only damage he does is when he falls down. The fact that a hobbled Karlsson was gimpy and we didn't light him up every chance we got is inexcusable.. Want to kill the snake, cut off the head.. we let it live and it bit us.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Almost 12 hrs later and this still sucks
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    That's why I think they are soft.. When you have the opportunity to pound someone into submission, but decide to get in a slap fight instead is just insane. MTL showed the team has the chops to hit and play legit playoff hockey, but it seems to me its a mentality AV just doesn't have.. By no means is this team the Kings of a few years ago, but there is enough size to make playing them difficult, but he'd rather have fucking Ice Capades.

Kreider should be killing people.. The only damage he does is when he falls down. The fact that a hobbled Karlsson was gimpy and we didn't light him up every chance we got is inexcusable.. Want to kill the snake, cut off the head.. we let it live and it bit us.
    You said it's a mentality AV doesn't have.

There's your answer right there. Different leadership behind the bench and maybe we see more of the approach that worked vs Montreal. Now there are players like Stephan whose approach I have a problem with (lackadaisical) but I think CK 20!and JTM 10 would play more physical if the coaching had called for it in this series--I'd like to know whether it did or not. Again lack of end of game pressure when we had the lead in games we should have one is my gripe #1, personnel decisions cited by others here, and goaltending /reliance

If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast