Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bottom Line, AV is the Problem

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    The problem is that Ottawa has gotten very lucky to tie games at the 11th Hour. In inch either way on any of the three late tying goals and the Rangers win the best of nine series 5-0 and AV is a genius.

I'm pretty sick of him, it's been awhile and I've had my fill of the look of his teams so he can go anytime, but they aren't losing because the coach is a moron. They're losing because they just haven't had a lot of luck in the final seconds and they haven't gotten that save when they needed it. That's just the way this shit works. You give them your best and hope for the best but sometimes the best team doesn't win.
    You create your own luck. If you're not sitting back with 5 guys in front of the net, that puck never bounces in. Maybe if Tanner Glass wasn't on the ice they could have pressured a little faster. Maybe if Staal wasn't on the ice, they could have gotten a stick in and knocked the puck away. You don't know.

What you do know is that they were not put in the BEST position to succeed. Brady Skjei didn't see the ice for the final five minutes. He's a top 4 defender on this team. You're setting yourself up for failure and the proof is in the three failures they've had. Get your best players on the ice. Period.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    If and when these guys win anything it'll be in spite of coach Vigneault. Just his inability to intelligently use a timeout is enough to hand him his walking papers. Sutter baby, I'd even take Capuano over him yesterday.
    Last edited by Progrocker; 05-09-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    You create your own luck. If you're not sitting back with 5 guys in front of the net, that puck never bounces in. Maybe if Tanner Glass wasn't on the ice they could have pressured a little faster. Maybe if Staal wasn't on the ice, they could have gotten a stick in and knocked the puck away. You don't know.

What you do know is that they were not put in the BEST position to succeed. Brady Skjei didn't see the ice for the final five minutes. He's a top 4 defender on this team. You're setting yourself up for failure and the proof is in the three failures they've had. Get your best players on the ice. Period.
    Ottawa was the aggressor. Now being down they had to be. Still the strategy and personnel group at the end of these games has been a disaster.And how anyone could play Staal over Skjei is incomprehensible.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Greenday4537's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progrocker View Post
    If and when these guys win anything it'll be in spite of coach Vigneault. Just his inability to intelligently use a timeout is enough to hand him his walking papers. Sutter baby, I'd even take Capuano over him yesterday.
    I think that's been the story for a while. We've had decent teams that just do what they are told. We did super well with Torts every year.

Av just makes the same mistakes year after year. Lack of adjustments. One trick pony. Can't handle a lead. Mismanagement of lines. Shit, we're the New York Jets but with good players!

Senior Member Junior Division
    With Sutter sitting there, Gorton may have to take that into consideration. Other than that who are other options at HC?

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    AV NEEDS to go.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    AV NEEDS to go.
    Yea. It should be the first move they make. Let the new coach weigh in moves and the draft.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I fully expect GortonSather to say Vigs is staying.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Greenday4537's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    With Sutter sitting there, Gorton may have to take that into consideration. Other than that who are other options at HC?
    This forum, by committee.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenday4537 View Post
    This forum, by committee.
    We might win one game.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    We might win one game.
    Are you kidding? We can't even agree on the simplest things. 0-82.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Are you kidding? We can't even agree on the simplest things. 0-82.
    We can agree on that at least?

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Yea. It should be the first move they make. Let the new coach weigh in moves and the draft.
    That's important.

This organization doesn't like big change, though.
    It need a bit of a fan uprising to light a fire under its butt.

My buddy was in touch with someone selling tickets outside the Garden and he said the place went dead at 5 pm, there were seats people weren't buying, the belief was not there after so many blown leads and blown games. I dont' know if the Garden notices the details, or they just see the $$$, but it's time.

Time for Uncle Larry to get skull ring on and start typing dark things in a dark room.

In the meantime, Cyrgalis said "shocking in its dips of lifelessness."

With all of the Rangers playoff experience, with all of their success in situations like this, what came out of them was an uneven performance, shocking in its dips of lifelessness.
    NY Post
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 05-09-2017 at 11:37 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    We can agree on that at least?
    Nope.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenday4537 View Post
    I think that's been the story for a while. We've had decent teams that just do what they are told. We did super well with Torts every year.

Av just makes the same mistakes year after year. Lack of adjustments. One trick pony. Can't handle a lead. Mismanagement of lines. Shit, we're the New York Jets but with good players!
    Exactly like the Jets except we won a championship recently. And I'm a fan of both teams. 😭

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
    I fully expect GortonSather to say Vigs is staying.
    Me too, damn it!

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    What AV did at the end of the game was the tip of the iceberg for me. Ottawa takes a timeout with ~5 minutes left of an elimination game and we are down by a goal. Boucher is standing over his team screaming and pointing what he wants his players to do, AV? He was standing with his back to the team and talking to a doctor or something. While Arniel was drawing on his board again.

Doesnt matter which players we can get to come here. It'll be more of the same shit with AV coaching. Team needs a fresh approach from a new bench boss.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    You guys put way too much weight on coaching.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I don't think so, AV has run his course and his in game decisions hurt this team. Idk if they would've won the whole thing but the chance to get to the final four teams was there for the taking and anything can happen there.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast