Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bottom Line, AV is the Problem

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    I don't like him either and the extension was dumb, but they should have won this series easily, and were in a position to win in 5 of the 6 games.

I think that's on the players. They didn't close games.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I'd say the lines deployed to close games really hurt their chances to do so.

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    I'd say the lines deployed to close games really hurt their chances to do so.
    Exactly, and that's on AV. Sutter baby, this team screams for a new coaching style.
    Last edited by Progrocker; 05-10-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Maybe, but I saw enough of Brady Skjei this year to know you don't want him out on important D-zone situations.

His offence was nice but he's got a long way to go in his own end.

It's tough when you can't win an important draw, too.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    They couldn't buy a face off on the 3 PP's last night in the first period. HORRIBLE !!!
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Yeah, that stuck out to me, too.

Very frustrating especially when you know their entry back in to the zone is going to be Keystone Cops.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jrc64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    -AV

Uhhhhh... Hey coach, you've blown THREE last minute leads. You've blown multiple goal leads. You're telling me the players don't know the other team is going to pull the goalie?

C'mon now. We're all too smart for that shit.

WOW...way to throw your players under the bus!!!!

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Nah, they got the backward pass to get into the zone, their own zone

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    I can't image that Scott Arniel survives
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Maybe, but I saw enough of Brady Skjei this year to know you don't want him out on important D-zone situations.

His offence was nice but he's got a long way to go in his own end.

Holden, Girardi, and Staal showed they were as valuable as traffic cones out there in key situations. The only way Skjei is going to get better is to play. I'm 110% convinced he could do no worse than those 3.. The fact that he can move the puck and skate some makes him appreciably more versatile in a tight spot like that.. His bad decisions are no worse then the 3 dopes who got the minutes.. AV's instance on Vets while the kid you are grooming has his ass nailed to the bench is mind numbing.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jrc64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Holden, Girardi, and Staal showed they were as valuable as traffic cones out there in key situations. The only way Skjei is going to get better is to play. I'm 110% convinced he could do no worse than those 3.. The fact that he can move the puck and skate some makes him appreciably more versatile in a tight spot like that.. His bad decisions are no worse then the 3 dopes who got the minutes.. AV's instance on Vets while the kid you are grooming has his ass nailed to the bench is mind numbing.
    THIS! BINGO!!!!

I only watch FOREIGN films Bantam Division Steven.'s Avatar
    This just about sums it up:

Linda Cohn‏Verified account
    @lindacohn

AV: "I thought our guys were ready to play". Mcdonagh "We came out slow and shot ourselves in the foot." Coach & Captain not on same page.

Dude is just blind. Makes me think of a line from The Boxer: "still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"
    Hidden Content

"TV is a nickname, nicknames are friends, and television is no friend of mine."

Part is AV and part is the GM. The last 3 years the leading scorer has gone done hill. 2014/15 was Nash at 69 points, 2015/16 was Zuc at 61 points, 2016/17 was Zuc at 59 points. Zuc is a good player but 59 points to lead the team is not getting it done and he is not the go to guy or the team leader. They need find someone that leads this team. Hell I was surprise tonight during the intermission that Washington's sort of run is over and they were all saying time to break up that team because they can't get it done.

Senior Member Junior Division
    If anyone just watched either game 7 they saw, in a nut shell, why these teams are moving on and the Rangers are not. The big time performers performed and the coaches pulled all the right strings.

Rangers didn't have either. You have AV saying he thought we played well they were ready to play and yet the team comes out and lays an egg. Again. You have Nash and Stepan and Hank and McD, the "leaders" of the team getting nothing done. Watch Getzlaf play and tell me who on the Rangers is anything like him. Perry. Malkin. Crosby. Karlsson. Subban. Josi. Rinne. I mean your stars have to be stars or else you're doomed.

As mentioned above. Zucc scored 59 points to lead the team this year. That's downright pathetic on a team that wants to seriously compete for the cup -- and they do want to seriously compete so long as Hank is here.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

//reported Junior Division
    In before Trotz is fired and picked up by NYR.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234