Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

Thread: Bottom Line, AV is the Problem

  1. #1
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jrc64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    867
    Rep Power
    9

    Bottom Line, AV is the Problem

    OK, i've really tried to let this one sink in before I wrote this post. Given that I've now had time to reflect and anaylize everything,I'm ready to rant.

    AV is unquestionably our problem. The man simply does not learn from his mistakes.Never has...Never will. How many times is he going to continue to put Staall or Holden out there with the game on the line? It has burned us over and over and over again, but he doesn't learn.

    Once again, we are winning with less than 2 minutes to go and who's on the ice.....STAAL!!!! oh,who laid on Hanks leg for the game tying goal? STAAL!!!

    This coach is simply an idiot at this point. we left 2 games in Ottawa that we should of won. Yeah, I know the coach is not the one on the ice, but he is the one that is responsible for knowing the ability levels of his players. This guy has no frigging clue.

    Guys....we are down 3-2 to the OTTAWA SENATORS!!!!! we are so the better team, but we are being completely out coached. AV is a stubborn jackass, and is the reason why we are down 3-2 going home. As you mature, you are supposed to learn from your past mistakes and move foward. This guy cant do it. He doesnt learn from his errors and keeps doing the same shit!!

    Whats the definition of insanity......."keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result". That's AV in a nutshell!!!!

    OK...That being said, right now which would sign up for.....1. we win this series and take our chances the rest of the way but AV is back next year OR 2. lose this series and we get Darryl Sutter as coach next year?

    Cant wait to hear your thoughts.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jrc64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    867
    Rep Power
    9

    Sutter

    Real short and sweet. What will it take for us to get Darryl Sutter? If he was coach RIGHT NOW, we would of already had this series won!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mite Division rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    8
    It is far deeper than just the coach IMO. There's always something that happens with this franchise and it stretches generations. 1994 was an aberration. During this current generation of players, it has either been a coaching decision that leaves you scratching your head, a breakdown defensively, or a brain fart by #30 in net...usually any one of these things occurs during the most crucial part of a game. We don't achieve a level of consistency required across all facets of the game in order to win the Cup. We've gotten somewhat close recently, but we are the team that breaks. Not the team that wins. To put it simply, it's a loser franchise that we have all been cursed to root for. We are about as close to the Red Sox of hockey that you can get, before the Red Sox strung together some championships in the 2000s. Even if the Rangers win this series, they will most likely lose to the Pens and that result is OK because we don't expect to win. We will live with it and try/fail again next year. I have faith that one of these years will be our 2004 Red Sox moment. 1994 was not it unfortunately...we sold out the farm to win that one (and barely win). 23 years and counting.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    10
    Jesus, guys, it's not like we can't win...

    Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    826
    Rep Power
    6
    Yeah. You're right on the mark. These guys have been playing hockey for 20 plus years, in some cases. They have to be told what to do in every instance? Makes me laugh when the coach or GM is blamed for everything after a loss but gets little to no credit after a victory. Guy is in back of the bench, not on the ice.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    11784
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    6
    I blame AV for my hemorrhoids. All kidding aside, AV and/or some players need to be "fired".
    THANK YOU, FOKK YOU, BYE!!!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    I blame AV for my hemorrhoids. All kidding aside, AV and/or some players need to be "fired".
    Tooth decay, English muffins getting moldy, that gas cap light on the dash that will not go out, the dog barking at the mail lady too fricking much...

  8. #8
    Member Mite Division Highwaystar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    1
    Seriously????? The top three lines are the problem.
    Sworn to avenge
    Condemn to Hell
    Tempt not the blade
    All fear the Sentinel

  9. #9
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Shane Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    11,401
    Rep Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Yeah. You're right on the mark. These guys have been playing hockey for 20 plus years, in some cases. They have to be told what to do in every instance? Makes me laugh when the coach or GM is blamed for everything after a loss but gets little to no credit after a victory. Guy is in back of the bench, not on the ice.
    So being behind the bench spares him from blame? That's nonsense. If you look across the board whenever someone complains about AV they mention specific reasons. Myself included.

    There are obvious strategies that don't work with this team yet aren't changed. Take the way this team turtles on leads. Instead of keeping their foot on the gas they always turtle/protect the lead. How often has that work this season? His defense matchups have been terrible so many times. See how often Staal/Holden were on the ice during crucial times in games.

    I don't see anyone on the board criticizing the guy simply for the sake of doing it. It's the constant mistakes that he fails to rectify that make watching the games infuriating.

    The players are responsible for plenty but they are not solely responsible for the reasons I mentioned and more.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    So being behind the bench spares him from blame? That's nonsense. If you look across the board whenever someone complains about AV they mention specific reasons. Myself included.

    There are obvious strategies that don't work with this team yet aren't changed. Take the way this team turtles on leads. Instead of keeping their foot on the gas they always turtle/protect the lead. How often has that work this season? His defense matchups have been terrible so many times. See how often Staal/Holden were on the ice during crucial times in games.

    I don't see anyone on the board criticizing the guy simply for the sake of doing it. It's the constant mistakes that he fails to rectify that make watching the games infuriating.

    The players are responsible for plenty but they are not solely responsible for the reasons I mentioned and more.
    This.

    But this series and this season are not over. Let's revisit this then. Which doesn't preclude discussing this bizarre substitutions and strategies intelligently every game.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Junior Division
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,468
    Rep Power
    63
    I thought AV should have been fired after last season's debacle. He may be a decent "coach" but as a personnel manager, he's fucking awful. You nailed it with Staal. Both he and Holden have been on the ice for every collapse -- which, by the way, how do you have THREE LAST MINUTE COLLAPSES IN THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS ALONE????

    I know that you all can say you saw that one coming last night. If we can see if from the couch how can you not sense it on the bench?! Call a time out. Get the proper players out there and win the fucking game!

    Whatever. Again, the defense sucks and the forwards are decent -- but this team out did themselves in the first couple of months of the season which is how they got into the playoffs. When you win, all the shitty aspects are smoothed over and people tend to look the other way. He won't be fired even though he should have been last year.

    When Tanner Glass is the best story of the playoffs you have an issue.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  12. #12
    Senior Member Mite Division rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    8
    Since the current Rangers generation started making some playoff noise, we have gone from "Fire Renney" to "Fire Torts" to "Fire AV".

  13. #13
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,537
    Rep Power
    64
    You mean the combined 0 goals and 6 assists from Miller and Hayes isn't the problem? Not the 19+ minutes that Holden and Staal constantly get outmatched on? Or the fact that Kreider has scored twice in 11 games. Nope, just AV. That's it!

  14. #14
    Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    9
    Will say this much; if Staal gets a sweater Tuesday over Klein, that's a problem. Because while Girardi has been okay in spurts, Staal has been uniformly terrible. And he seems to be on ice when things go sour.

  15. #15
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,017
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Will say this much; if Staal gets a sweater Tuesday over Klein, that's a problem. Because while Girardi has been okay in spurts, Staal has been uniformly terrible. And he seems to be on ice when things go sour.
    Funny how now its Staal instead of Holden. Scoring goals in back to back games will earn you a little slack when your D partner is still playing like hot garbage as well.

  16. #16
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,745
    Rep Power
    112
    Klein for Staal is a downgrade.


    #MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  17. #17
    Senior Member Junior Division
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    9,795
    Rep Power
    79
    Pretty spot on, too much to quote.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/learne...-sh&soc_trk=tw

  18. #18
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,017
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Are you trying to give me an aneurysm?

  19. #19
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,745
    Rep Power
    112

    Bottom Line, AV is the Problem

    Who else was the ice besides Glass, Staal and Smith


    #MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  20. #20
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jrc64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    867
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    You mean the combined 0 goals and 6 assists from Miller and Hayes isn't the problem? Not the 19+ minutes that Holden and Staal constantly get outmatched on? Or the fact that Kreider has scored twice in 11 games. Nope, just AV. That's it!
    They've scored 17 goals the last 4 games, including 5 in game 2 loss and 4 in game 5 loss. Not so sure scoring is the issue here. You score 4 or 5 goals in an NHL playoff game, you need to win those games. At the VERY LEAST, one of them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •