• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL Draft Lottery

God I hope not. I would not give up a first for a 35 year old Kovalchuk. Maybe a late, late first

Devils need more than a 1st overall to save that team... their team is trash as-is.

Would anyone be surprised though if they win the cup in the next 5 years and we don't? Not me

It doesn't bother me at all that the Devils have the first overall. It's a weak draft without a real strong consensus number one guy. Hischier and Patrick are talented, but not really put a back on your team types. They won't really fix any of the larger issues the Devils have.

I agree, I think in another conversation I was saying its very similar to the 2012 or 2013 drafts. There was talent in those drafts, some guys teetering between 1st/2nd line and potential #2 - #3 D, however it's nothing like the past two drafts with Matthews and McDavid being true franchise, if not generational talents.

If they go with Hischier or Patrick (99%), they get an offensive talent that will supplement their top-6. However, neither will carry the team the way a McDavid does or the potential Matthews has to do. This was the perfect draft, as a Rangers fan, for the Devils to hit the lottery.

The Flyers, however, are in a good spot relative to the Devils. They still have top end talent in Giroux and Voracek. They still have a gritty goal scorer in Simmonds. There's complementary guys in Couturier and Schenn. There will be no pressure on Hischier or Patrick to produce right away, which IMO could benefit their development and add cheap talent. Then Philly could address the weaknesses in net and on D by trading a forward they replace with the rookie.

Meet Nolan Patrick, the Likely No. 1 Pick in the 2017 NHL Draft

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/671/548/hi-res-5dbf0835d9a735ae3efcc79f09a9c7c1_crop_north.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

When Nolan Patrick's family comes together for a cookout on the back patio overlooking the fairways of the St. Charles Country Club in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and stories of athletic accomplishment start to fly, one-upmanship is a tough game to win.

Nolan's father, Stephen, was the 20th overall pick in the NHL draft in 1980. His paternal uncle, James, was the ninth overall pick in 1981. His maternal uncle, Rich Chernomaz, was drafted 26th overall in 1981. His late paternal grandfather, Steve, starred for the CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers. His mom, Carrie, played volleyball for Team Canada. His two sisters, Madison and Aimee, also play competitive hockey.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705947-meet-nolan-patrick-the-likely-no-1-pick-in-the-2017-nhl-draft?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nhl

Archived