Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: [ECSF] (#2) Rangers @ Ottawa Senators // Drain the Swamp

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    First of all, it's "hold the rope". Secondly, the Rangers scored 5 goals but they didn't bail Hank out ? Game 1 yeah. Potting 5 should win every game.
    No. It's actually pull the rope. Oh, they scored 5 goals. I see. And lost as Ottawa scored 6. No they didn't " bail him out " as you put it. This guy has saved their collective rear ends for 10+ years and when the chips were down with a 2 goal lead, they folded like a cheap suit. Don't know what good 5 goals are when you lose by 1. You're satisfied? I'm not. On to MSG for a home performance of the ages.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    In the last 5 minutes they fell back into that protect the lead type of ply where they kept dumping the puck in and had no sustained pressure in the offensive zone. And again, they iced the puck with the goalie pulled 2 or 3 times before Ottawa scored essentially giving them they timeout they lost.
    Yeah, up by 2 with 5 to go that's how you nail a hockey game down. You don't look to score 4 more goals, you look to kill the spirit of the game and get the win. All great teams do it, and have done it in the past. Sometimes a team is fortunate enough to score to pad the lead by 2 or 3, but it's simple hockey, and comes down to execution.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Huh? I don't know where that philosophy comes from. Keep up the pressure. Nail in the coffin is more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Huh? I don't know where that philosophy comes from. Keep up the pressure. Nail in the coffin is more appropriate.
    It comes from anyone who knows how all successful teams do it. Devils, Wings, Hawks, Kings

It also comes directly from the mouth of a 3 time SC champion.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Let's keep it tame, everyone.

No. It's actually pull the rope. Oh, they scored 5 goals. I see. And lost as Ottawa scored 6. No they didn't " bail him out " as you put it. This guy has saved their collective rear ends for 10+ years and when the chips were down with a 2 goal lead, they folded like a cheap suit. Don't know what good 5 goals are when you lose by 1. You're satisfied? I'm not. On to MSG for a home performance of the ages.
    No, it's actually hold the rope. I'm surprised you're not familiar with the quip and antecdote it comes with. I'll pm it to you if you'd like.

And 5 goals isn't helping your goalie out? Ok
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I've since calmed down and determined that they win Game 3 and 4.

No, it's actually hold the rope. I'm surprised you're not familiar with the quip and antecdote it comes with. I'll pm it to you if you'd like.

And 5 goals isn't helping your goalie out? Ok
    OK, have it your way. Tell me, what good is everyone standing around holding the rope? Thats what the NYR did today in the last few minutes of the third, which resulted in 2 goals against. Yup, that really helped The King out. I'm done with this going nowhere discussion.

Goal 1 - 1000% unacceptable. What makes it worse is that the 1st one that goes in can dictate how you handle the rest of your game.

2 - Great initial stop, no help

3 - That puck was well wide, and a goalie in net knows it. Bad bounce? Yes. But unless you know you're redirecting that, there's no reason to butterfly slide at it and take yourself out of position.

4 - Good tip

5 - Questionable. Pageau is in front of him, that angle was awful, outside the dot and high. He has to be closer to Pageau and not give the puck a chance to get over him.

6 - Stoppable
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

OK, have it your way. Tell me, what good is everyone standing around holding the rope? Thats what the NYR did today in the last few minutes of the third, which resulted in 2 goals against. Yup, that really helped The King out. I'm done with this going nowhere discussion.
    I just told you, it's an old quip with an antecdote behind it. Just because you're the oldest doesn't make you the wisest.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Squirt Division Bigmoe's Avatar
    Katy , bar the door

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    Yeah, and hookers still get paid $20 no matter how good or bad the blowjob was. Athletes contracts are based off of the history of their performances.

You must like dirty hookers!
    Shoot the puck!

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Winter's Avatar
    Stepan 8-17 in Face-offs. Didn't pick up Methot right after his shorty, I mean the guy is like missing a finger. Either way this series is meh even if we manage to come back and win it, the Penguins will send us home probably worse than last year. The Hurricanes added Darling which will kill us next year with this current playoff format, their going to be contenders. We got to watch our team blow it, Watch the Flyers and Devils pick up Patrick/Hishchier and we will get the luxury of watching the Penguins hoist the Cup again. Love it. Just glad this week is over.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mistercosmic's Avatar
    You shouldn't bench a smart two-way player like Oscar Lindberg or a skilled forward like Pavel Buchnevich nearly the whole game, while a guy like J.T. Miller gets a lot of ice-time although he is just a shadow of his former self and can't find ways to score. I would put him in the press box for Game 3.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I think I'm more pissed that we're losing to a lame ass team more than the fact that we'really down 0-2. SC winners don't have games like these

Our forwards have been garbage for the most part

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division

[ECSF] (#2) Rangers @ Ottawa Senators // Drain the Swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    I think I'm more pissed that we're losing to a lame ass team more than the fact that we'really down 0-2. SC winners don't have games like these

Yeah. It sucks.

Only thing that would suck more is if it was a division rival like the Islanders or Devils who snuck in (Ottawa is clearly better than both) and the Rangers played the same way and were down 0-2.

Instead, it's Ottawa. Just saying the word Ottawa makes me yawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division
    This is a really easy series guys. There's no need to be angry about any of the events going on, honestly. The only real outcome here is a loss. We should be winning this series easily, and we still can, mind you, as losing games 1 and 2 on the road is really not that bad. If we win which we should, as we're the far superior team both on paper and off paper, then it's on to the next series to try to pull a miracle. The expectation of this series is a win, as we've seen from Ottawa, they have nothing in their bank except effort.

The other option is that we lose while we're playing the way we are right now, in which case we should be demanding wholesale personnel and roster changes in the offseason. To be honest, that wouldn't be so bad either, because truthfully this team is not good enough to win the Stanley Cup, and more years of 2nd / 3rd round hockey are not going to get us any closer. While we may not be good enough to win a Cup, we are certainly good enough to beat Ottawa. Maybe getting embarrassed by the Penguins, who are admittedly an incredible hockey team couldn't trigger a response, but losing to Ottawa would.

Either outcome here is fine, enjoy whatever games remain, and try not to fool yourself into thinking this is a good hockey team. Aside from not even having many good players, they're not even a good team. After last postseason and this year I have basically no emotional investment in any of these players, save for Zuke, Fast, and Hank, who truthfully play their hearts out every single game. The other guys? See ya. They don't even deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post

Yeah, I mean if they somehow win this one, they run into the buzzsaw of Pittsburgh and beyond.

It's not like this team is the chosen one and they're meeting adversity along the way (like the Capitals). The Rangers never really had true Cup winning prospects and the only reason there's a chance was the path through the Atlantic. So much for that.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Like others already said, if they actually play their game and execute they still have a really good shot to win. Ottawa is relying on Anderson, effort and Karlsson on one foot to win games... it can be done.

Hank though... when it rains it pours with this guy. Wasn't his worse playoff game, but once he starts letting them in you just can't rely on him to hold leads for you. It's always been his biggest downfall and one of the reasons he won't be looked at as an all time great. With that said though, despite blowing the lead multiple times, they had 20 minutes to end it in the first OT and couldn't do shit.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Won't be an all time great? The guy is going to be in the HOF

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast