• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

McKenzie | Economics and Lightning Needs Might Produce Drouin Trade

Phil

Might we see Jonathan Drouin included as part of what could be a fairly epic summer of trade activity around the National Hockey League?

Drouin is one of three central restricted free agents for the Tampa Bay Lighting, a team sporting somewhere in the range of $18 million of cap space with which to work.

Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat are the other two key players needing their next contracts.

?They won?t be as historical as they were last year,? countered McKenzie. ?We had P.K. Subban, Stamkos, and (Taylor Hall) ? I?m not sure we?ll rival that necessarily.

?But I understand what Pierre is saying and I tend to agree with him. I?ve been on record for awhile as saying ? and not reporting this as news, strictly an opinion ? I think it?s more likely than not Jonathan Drouin gets traded at some point because of economics and because of the specific needs of the Tampa Bay Lighting. No guarantee he will, but I won?t be surprised if he is.

?And there are teams that do have to do some expansion draft manoeuvring. So there?ll be a lot of things percolating.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/mckenzie-economics-lightning-needs-might-produce-drouin-trade/

Archived