• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sean Avery's - Ice Capades

Vodka Drunkenski

I'll probably check it out. I soured on Avery at the end, but he was pretty important in the transformation of the franchise. He gave a spark when things could have slipped to the point of management doing something stupid.

I'll definitely get it. He's one of the most interesting NHL characters in the last couple decades. Should make for a very entertaining book.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This, Theo Fleury's book was great. Any guy who is bat shit crazy is gonna have a good book. Ive read a couple of messier and Gretzky books, and while they were good books, they were kind of boring. I still am debating on JR's books though. Can anyone tell me if they are worth reading or are they boring?

• 4 months later...

Yeah, that's damning stuff.

These quotes put Esposito to shame. I completely agree with him on the Tortorella bit regarding Boogaard's funeral, too. Get on a bus. Do whatever you have to to get there. Your player died. That's a shit excuse for missing his funeral.

• 4 months later...
Late to the party but I just read Sean’s book. Great stuff. Makes you realize how far they could have gone if not for Torts.

-_-

Take all of that with a grain of salt. I don't know what you're referring to, specifically, but Avery saying that Torts held the team back is pretty biased and unreliable.

Archived